Friday, May 13, 2022

Off The Rails Scrapbooking May Challenge

Good morning

Today I am sharing the layout I created for the May challenge at Off the Rails Scrapbooking

The challenge for this month is Black & White with only one other colour.
I have chosen blue as my other colour


I have gone with a simple clean layout for this challenge.
The minimalist look seems to be appealing to me at the moment.

I have added Modelling Paste through TCW Chevron stencil 
to the centre section of my white cardstock background. 
I have not been too particular with this application 
as I am looking for a random type of feel.

My colour is added by spraying Tattered Angels Jazz Blue Glimmermist 
at the top of the page and using extra water spray 
to help it run down the centre of the layout 
over some of the Modelling Paste.

When everything was dry I used Kaisercraft's Grid stamp 
and StayzOn Jet Black ink to stamp randomly over the background.


The patterned paper is from 2007, it is by Imaginisce and is 
Striped Sophistication from the Black Tie Optional range.

I tore this into strips using my Deckle edged ruler.
I inked the edges of the strips after I had torn the edges down 
to create an assortment of lengths then 
attached them to my background using Art Glitter Glue


My black & white photos were printed with the white border and measure 3" x 4 1/2".
I have attached pieces of cardboard to the back of the photos before attaching them to my layout.

To embellish the page I have painted 
Scrapmatts CB5156 Triangles 01 chipboard with black acrylic paint.
I cut the chipboard into three pieces and attached it to my page along side each of my photos

I used my fountain pen to draw a double scribbly border around the page.

A little more detail was added to the background by splattering some of the 
Glimmermist and black acrylic paint lightly, mostly to the central area of the layout.

The title was cut from black cardstock using Kaisercraft's DD735 Uppercase Alpha dies.
Once it was attached to the layout using my t ruler, reverse tweezers and Art Glitter Glue
I coated it with Glossy Accents. This gives a beautiful glossy finish when it is dry


Here is my process video. 
I hope you enjoy watching it.


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment