Sunday, May 8, 2011

The school term has started again here so I was back at TAFE on Thursday. I got my results for the first major assignment and I was pretty happy to receive a credit. We were given the next major assignment which is to create a poster for the jazz component of the Adelaide Cabaret Festival. This is certainly going to be a challenge as jazz is not a music genre I know much about but will give it a go. We also received 3 more class assessments so I have got a bit of work on that front.

Friday night we went to Legends Rock n Roll Club and saw the band The Rockin' Dally Roos. It has been years since I last saw this band and I enjoyed their music. It was a change from the same bands we see all the time. I had quite a few dances and a good night.

The same could not be said for Saturday night. We went to a function that we had never been to before and it was definitely not our cup of tea, but that is all part of trying new venues and functions, you never know what you might stumble across, it could be great or it might not. We were home by 9:30 and watched the Pirates of the Caribbean on telly.

I spent saturday afternoon at Camelot with Judy and we powered through 3 layouts for the afternoon. It is always a pleasant afternoon.

That brings me to today. MOTHER's DAY. After I rang Mum we went to The Highway for lunch with Cindy, Dave & Charli. It was pleasant and relaxing. There were not a lot of people in the area we were in so we did not have to keep too tight a reign on Charli.

When we got home I took these photos of the new pages I have finished for my mini album. I have made two pages out of transparencies just as fillers. They can have photos or journalling or perhaps just quotes.




This page has some mini bloomer style flowers on it that I bought at a fabric shop and an inked chipboard photo corner backed with a transparent triangle to hold the tag in place. The tag has been embossed with a script on my Big Shot



For this pocket page I have punched the top edge of the black pocket, punched a piece of pink card to go behind the pocket flap and then punch both sides of a strip of patterned paper for the top.


These are the tags to go in the pocket. I have cut them out with the Cricut and then embossed them with the same script embossing folder as I used on the tag for the previous page


And this is what the page looks like with the tags in place.


For this page I cut out a shape and embossed it then sprayed one SEI doily with glimmermist and left one in it's natural state and added a flower and jewel combination to provide a place to hold a tag. I thought a photo could be added to the black mat and the tag could be used for journalling.


That is the last of the pages I have completed. I have got one page (front and back) and the back cover to go to finish the album. I can tell you this album is very thick and I am wondering if I am going to be able to fit it all into the largest binding wire I have, which are 1.25 inches, I might have to get some larger ones. Oh well I guess I will soon find out.

Love to hear your comments
Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment