Friday, June 24, 2011

I have been busy preparing for the Demonstration Day at Camelot on Sunday. If you are at a loose end pop in and say hello, I would love to see you. I will be there between 11am and 2pm.

I had both of my legs treated for varicose veins this week. I had UGS which is Ultrasound Guided  Sclerotherapy injections into the veins. The procedure was relatively painless but I got a migraine after each treatment (1 leg per day for 2 consecutive days) which made for very unpleasant days and then of course I have to wear compression stockings for 7 days 24hrs a day and then 7 days whenever I am not in bed. They would have to be the most uncomfortable things I have ever worn. Can't wait for day 8 when I can take them off while I am in bed. One of the other things that is required is a 45minute walk every day for the 2 weeks, not a bad thing.

It was our wedding anniversary on Thursday, we have been married for 38 years. We have, of course, had our trials but, on the whole, I must admit I am pretty happy with the choice I made all those years ago.

In closing, some thoughts,
Outside my window.... a beautiful sunny day
I am thinking...... I hope I have remembered everything for Sunday
I am thankful for ..... my daughter and grand-daughter
I am wearing ....slacks, t shirt and cardigan...all black and compression stockings
I am going to .... go out for dinner tonight and then some dancing
I am currently reading... Street Lawyer by John Grisham
I am hoping... for another 20 years of wedded bliss
On my Mind ... Cindy & Sunday
From the kitchen ... Ginger Beer Cordial and Soda-stream
Around the house ... Better make the bed and do the dishes, it is 3:30pm!!!
One of my favourite things ... the ability to do as I please
A few plans for the rest of the week ... dancing, scrapbooking, babysitting
One picture to share ... Ray at the Rock n Roll Rendezvous in Birdwood last year.


Keep well
Leave me a message if you have the time, I would love to hear from you
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment