Friday, July 8, 2011

Just a quick post to show you what I made this afternoon.

This morning a friend came around because I had offered to take her slacks in for her. This meant getting my sewing machine out so while it was out I made these




I had to go to the sewing centre to get a new globe for my machine and while I was there I saw their lace stand. I bought 2 different laces and have combined them to make these 3 tier lace flowers.
One of the laces was about 50mm (2 inches) wide and when I tried making a flower with it at full width the edges pulled under so I cut it at about 1 1/4, gathered them up and layered one on top of the other. I also bought some lace that was about 1" wide and layered that lace between the 2 others.

I will use a large gem or similar for the centres but have not put them on yet as it depends what layout I put them on what colour the centres will be. Another good thing about them being white is of course I can spray them with Glimmermist to suit the colour of any layout I wish to use them on.

Heading off to Legends Rock n Roll Club tonight so hopefully will get a bit of dancing in although Ray is still not completely better.

Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment