Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A whole week has pasted since my last gets in the way sometimes.

I have been very busy, we have had a great weekend. Friday night we went to Legends and the band was Ange & the Boyz. They were good and we caught up with lots of friends.

Saturday I looked after Charli while Cindy had her hair done and then Saturday night we went to the Adelaide Rock n Roll Club Ball at the Adelaide Town Hall.

This photo was taken at Wendy & Lindsay's house while we were having a drink waiting for the limo to pick us all up.

The bands at the Ball were Mack Brown 7 and Twenty Flight Rock. The acoustics are terrible and the music was not the best but we had a few dances and made the most of it. This is the first time I had been inside the Town Hall and it was very impressive.

This photo is of the room where the Ball was held. It is hard to get a photo in these lighting conditions but you can see some of the detail.

After the ball we all went back to Wendy & Lindsay's for drinks and supper. Wendy, as usual, supplied a great supper. She is definitely the hostess with the mostest.

Sunday being Ray's first Sunday that he was not working was well spent. Firstly we went to the Adelaide Sea Rescue Club and saw the band The Black Hats. They are a country band but they played quite a bit of country rock. We had a few dances there before moving on to the Port Dock Brewery Hotel in Port Adelaide where the band was Four Crying Out Loud. They were very good and the venue was great. The floor was great to dance on and the service excellent. They finished playing a 6pm so we went around the corner to the Lighthouse Hotel and saw Sons of Sun. They are a rockabilly band but we did manage to get a couple of dances in before we came home about 7:30.

I have managed to complete a layout during the past week. It started out as part of the Bird is the Word challenge but I missed the deadline so I didn't use the word Hope I used Adore instead. This photo is of Cindy when she was about 6 months old. I have glimmer misted the background and then stamped a flower image with Versamak clear ink all over it. It is very hard to see the stamping but it is there. I then used the sewing machine to stitch around the edge and to sew the photo onto the double photo mat.
I cut strips of various patterned paper and then punched one edge of each strip with an assortment of border punched. I stuck these strips to a piece of white card and then cut the scalloped half circle out of it. I cut a strip of cream patterned paper and punched the edge before pleating and stitching through the middle. The tags are made of hand-made paper and I have sprayed with glimmermist and stamped on them as well. I then hand made the flowers and sprayed the leaves with glimmermist.

I'm going to start a new layout this afternoon I hope so will post it when it is finished.

Look forward to reading any comment you might like to leave for me.
Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment