Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday night and I am at home alone... who would have guessed.

I have had a great day today. I spent the day at one of Heather Jacob's classes making a book. I loved it. I am going to make another one using different papers just to see how differently it turns out.

Ray is DJ'ing at a birthday party in Waikerie tonight. He left at about 2:30 which means that I do not have a car. I caught the bus home from the class and it took 2 hours to get here. I did spent half an hour in the city getting a jar of texture paste to try a technique I learned at a class with Nat May on Monday night so really it took 1 1/2 hours to get home. Waiting time for the buses took a fair amount of that time. No wonder people do not want to use public transport, when I drive there or home it takes just under half an hour.

My sister and her husband came and spent the night with us last night on their way to Perth to visit their son. They came to Legends with us, the band was The Wild Ones and I really enjoyed their music. Ray and I had lots of dances and my sister and her husband said they enjoyed the music and watching all of the dancers.

Should have went to TAFE on Wednesday night but because it was Anzac day there was no class. Bit sorry to miss it but was not really feeling like going so turned out pretty good.

Some thoughts...

Outside my wind... it is pitch black and cold. I have just finished washing some sheets so I am going to head out there and peg them out.

I am thinking... about what colour I will do my book in or weather I should work on the next page for my Switzerland album

I am thankful for... my family and friends

I am wearing... my pyjamas, dressing gown and ugg boots

I am going to... go to see The Invasion at the Port Dock Brewery Hotel and then the Party Cats at the Lighthouse Inn tomorrow afternoon

I am currently reading... I am trying to catch up on the backlog of scrapbooking magazines I have. I bought the same magazine twice because I had not read the first one I bought.

I am pondering... The conversion rate of the Australian dollar to British Pounds and hoping that a miracle will happen and I will get a great rate before I go away.

I am hoping... Ray's mouth gets better and life settles down a bit.

I am creating... At sewing I am making a blouse and altering some 3/4 pants that are a bit too big for me to take to the UK as it is going to be the middle of summer when I get there.

On my mind.... All of the above

From the kitchen... Crown mints

Around the house... Ray has removed the pelmets from the windows in the front of the house. It looks so much better. Have to take the drapes to be dry cleaned and wash the nets.

One of my favourite things...  well three of them really


A few plans for the rest of the week... Going to the Adelaide Rock n Roll Club Tuesday night.

Some pictures to share... I am sharing a few layouts from a couple of years ago. These are all from our Tasmania holiday....











Going to go and make a start on some scrappin now. Ohhh better peg those sheets out first

8 weeks till I leave for the UK.   Yipeeeee

Thanks for droppin by
Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment