Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there.

I have just got home from watching Charli do her swimming lesson and then out for brunch with Cindy and Charli. Very pleasant.

I had my mothers day with my mum last sunday but will ring her shortly to wish her a happy mothers day.

It has been a pretty quiet week. Friday night we went to the Legends Rock and Roll Club. 20 Flight Rock were playing. I quite like this band but some nights they seem to play a faster mix than others. We had quite a few dances and a pleasant night.

Last night we stayed home. I spent the night working on the cover of my Smash book that I plan on taking to the UK with me. I painted the whole cover with Gesso to start then I used a doily and some texture paste that I had coloured mauve with acrylic paint to create the raised doily on the right. I used an assortment of Glimmer mists on the background then added the punched strips of paper, music note paper and tissue tape. I happened to stumble across the flowers in Camelot's clearance shop and bought 6 of them in assorted colours, love them. The text was cut out using my Cricut and the Plantin cartridge.


I have got another one to do for the Europe half of my holiday. I have painted the background with the Gesso so far. Hopefully will do a bit more to it today before we go to the Lighthouse Inn for a couple of dances this afternoon.

My TAFE course is progressing. I have got one more assessment to do and the 2nd Major Project to do. We have to create a poster, DVD cover and a design to print on a DVD for the movie Catch Me If You Can. I have to have this finished and marked within the next couple of weeks so that if I have to re-submit I can get it done before I go away. There is a lot of work involved so I had best get to it tomorrow.

5 weeks till I leave......

Till next time
Thanks for dropping by
Cheers
Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment