Monday, October 14, 2013

Just a quick post today to show you what I have been doing.

I did a mixed media class at Paper Flourish on friday with Janine. These are the two techniques we learned.

These first two pages we covered roughly in texture paste then pushed the doilies into the paste to attach them to the page. We then used sprays, distress ink and stencils, stamps and gelato's to add colour and texture



This page we used Twinkling H2O's to colour 4 sheets of book paper which we then cut up and covered the page with the pieces. Then we applied texture paste that had been coloured with acrylic paint through a stencil to cover the page. We then stamped the girl image on plain book paper and some of the book paper we had coloured with the Twinkling H2O's and fussy cut and layered them onto the plain book paper image. Then we stamped and attached the saying and finished off with some stamping and black Gelato around the edges. Red is my favourite colour but this was just too red for me.


So on sunday I decided to do this same technique in a different colour and this is what I ended up with.
I have used the same techniques with the addition of some Perfect Pearls to the skirt. The effect of the perfect pearls was lost when I put a layer of Matte Mod Podge over the top.


Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment