Thursday, April 19, 2018

Retreat Layout Cindy 1086

Good afternoon paper crafters

Well I am home and all settled back in. Hard to believe it was a week ago today that I set off for the retreat held by Scrapbooking From Scratch which was held near New Castle at Rathmines.

I had a great 4 days (3 nights) with the girls at the retreat, lots of laughs and lots of scrapbooking and some new friends.

I managed to make 17 layouts during the retreat, only because I had made up "kits" before I went so I had papers and photos all picked out and ready to go. I did not complete the layouts as I did not take alphas for titles and there are a few little bits and pieces I will do to finish some of them off

I have added the title and journalling to this layout to finish it off.


I have used Kaisercraft Dream Big, a Kaisercraft 6" x 6" stencil to draw the arrow heads and a Portacraf stamp for the long arrows. The splatters on the white cardstock background are made using Glimmer Mists in Dreamsicle and Black Magic.

The layout below was a class that was included in the retreat and taught by Jen Hall.

I love it. The background paper is by Pink Paisley. We have added a piece of book paper and a page from a notebook before wiping over some of the background with Gesso. Next we added Texture Paste though a stencil randomly on the page. The 2 doilies were added next, our photo was mounted on black cardstock and then added to the layout. We fussy cut the title from the background paper before we started work on it. This was outlined with a black pen and attached under the photo. Other embellishments were a small tag, some flower ribbon and some Freckled Fawn foam word stickers.


Hope you enjoy looking at my layouts today

I will be adding a new layout each day for the next couple of weeks as I get them finished

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment