Sunday, November 4, 2018

Christmas Cards 2018 Group 2

Good morning

I have made some more Christmas cards and a process video to share with you today

You can see the video here

These are the cards I have made this week. My aim is to use as much as possible of the huge "Christmas" stash I have been saving for that special card.



All of the card bases are cut from white cardstock and are 6" x 4". I get 3 cards from each 12" x 12" sheet.

This card features some Creative Imaginations stickers. They are beautiful stickers that have a high gloss finish. I have attached them to the card with some ribbon. The two round baubles are attached with foam tape. The paper I used on this card  is from SEI and is a glitter paper. For the greeting I have printed a whole sheet of greetings in various fonts and sizes and I cut them up and use them as they are required. I have mounted it on a patterned paper mat and then attached it to the card with foam tape.


The front panel of this card was created using the Kaisercraft Mini die "Christmas Tree" and some Modelling Paste. A ribbon tied around the panel before it is attached to the card using foam tape gives the card some extra texture. The tree is on gold cardstock and the red cardstock behind the panel is red mirror board


This card took me quite a while because I have threaded micro beads onto gold wire to create the tree then used the same wire to outline the tree. I have layered gold embossed paper, pink and white cardstock for the background layers


The inspiration for this card came from Pinterest, a post by Split Coast Stampers. The combination of the white and kraft cardstocks are just so "clean". I have used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to create the background for the kraft trees. The decoration on the trees was created using Scribbles which is very similar to Stickles and Kindy Glitz. I tossed up weather to go with white or gold ribbon but decided to go with white.


The Christmas tree on this card is cut using an unbranded die I bought on the internet. There is another bigger piece to this tree but I thought it was too big for the card so left it off.
The patterned paper used for the first layer is by Best Creations Ink and is very old. I can't remember what the brand of paper is that I used for the tree. The tree decorations and base are cut from red mirror board. I have used the same method for the greeting as I did on the first card.



This card is several layers of patterned paper from Kaisercraft's Countdown and Christmas collections from several years ago. The edges of all of the layers have been distressed and inked. The bells are a clear sticker from Clover, once again very old.
The greeting has been matted on some patterned paper then I added a brad put to each end and attached it to the card using foam tape. The white square of cardstock has also been attached to the card with foam tape.


So don't forget to check out the video here for full instructions on how to make these cards. Hope you enjoy it and subscribe to my channel.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment