Wednesday, May 8, 2019

8" x 8" Layout Friends

Good morning

At last I have come to the final page of the 8" x 8" album I am doing for my grand-daughter which covers the year of 2018. I must admit I have dragged the chain with this album I usually create a mini book for her to showcase each year but decided last year to use an 8" album. I let it get too far behind and felt it was a chore to get it finished. This year I am going back to making an album and just adding the photos as the events happen.

I created a video showing the process of making this page. You can see it here.

The papers are Kaisercraft's Party paper range. I have also seen this range referred to as Partytime.


The background for the photos is created using 6 squares that are 2.25". A couple of the papers were quite plain so I used a Swiss Dots embossing folder to add some interest to them.



For the embellishments on this page I cut a couple of strips of patterned paper and punched the edge of one of them using an American Crafts punch. I used a die to cut the pink "Good Times" circle from one of the patterned papers and a slightly large die to cut the black cardstock mat. The strips were attached using d/s tape and the circle was attached using foam tape.

The pennant banner was cut on my Scan N Cut. I cut the original pennant using Spellbinders Nested Lacy Pennants and then scanned that into my Scan N Cut, this enabled me to resize it. I used two sizes so I could create a mat for the patterned paper pennants.

Some black crochet cotton was glued to the page and attached at each end with a brad before the pennants were glued on so they butted up to the crochet cotton.

The photos had the edges filed with an emery board to give them a white border before attaching them to black mats. The larger photo is attached with d/s tape and the other one is attached with foam tape.

That completed this very simple page.

Don't forget to check out the video here and subscribe to my YouTube channel if you enjoy my videos. If you click the bell next to the subscribe button you will be notified each time I upload a new video

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment