Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Start Your Day card for Scrapping Fun Kits

Good morning

Today I am sharing my second project using the July kit from Scrapping Fun Kits.

You can check the kit out here. And you can order the kit here.

There is a process video for this card on my YouTube channel here.


The photo below shows the card when it is open. Each front section is a Z fold.


This view shows the card with the left hand side closed and the right hand side open.


The card base is cut from white cardstock. It measures 10.5" x 5.25". I have scored it at 1 3/8" and 2 3/4" then flipped it and and scored at the same measurements on the other end.

Make a mountain fold first and then a valley fold. Repeat this for the other side of the card.

I cut a piece of patterned paper from the kit to 5" x 4.75", inked the edges and attached it to the middle section of the card.

Using Cheery Lyn "Chrysanthemum Strip" die, Couture Creations CO724161 flower die and a no brand flower die and the paper from the kit I cut enough flower layers to create 6 flowers.

Each of the flower layers was inked on the edges and rolled around my poke tool to give them some dimension. Using glue I layered the flowers on top of each other, staggering the petals. Crystal gems are attached to the centre of 4 of the flowers.


I used my Cottage Cuts Leafy Foliage die to cut some leaves, inked the edges and attached them amongst the flowers.



The flowers on the front of the card blended into the patterned paper the centre of the card too much for my liking so I cut a piece of white cardstock 5" x 2.75". I ink the edge of this and then attach it to the centre of the card. When the card is closed the flowers on the front of the card stand out much better.

The greeting is a Kaisercraft clear sticker from the "Inspirational" pack which I have cut into sections so it shows between the flowers when the card is closed. It is a generic greeting so I can use this card for any occasion. My hand written message will be written on the white panel beneath this greeting.

Thank you for spending some of your time here with me today

You can get your kit here.

Don't forget to check out the video here

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment