Friday, November 20, 2020

Cards that will hold a gift card

 Good morning

In today's post I am sharing two cards I have made for Mystical Scrapbook's November Cyber Crop.

The challenge is to create a card that will hold a gift card. I have made two.

You will find the Cyber Crop here.

You will find my video here

I have used Uniquely Creatives Holly Jolly Christmas paper range for both of these cards.

Let's start with this card.


I cut two pieces of white cardstock 5 3/4" x 6" and scored them at 4" on the 5 3/4" edge making a 6" x 4" card.

I used double sided tape along the two sides and the folded edge of the small section of the cardstock to attach the two pieces and create a pocket in the middle of the card.



To decorate the front of the card I cut gold cardstock to 3 3/4" x 5 3/4" and 3 1/4" x 5 1/4", the red check patterned paper to 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" and the fawn paper to 3" x 5". I inked the edges of these papers and layered them on top of each other then attached them to the card front.

The patterned paper for the inside of the card was cut to 3 3/4" x 5 3/4" and 1 1/2" x 5 3/4". I cut two of each size. The edges were inked and they were attached to the card. I have used the same patterned paper for all areas but you could used different papers in each area if you preferred.
I also cut a picture from the cut apart sheet in the paper pack, inked the edges, matted that on some of the gold cardstock and attached that to the bottom left section of the inside of the card.

I fussy cut three tags from the "Gifts" paper sheet. One had a gold star brad attached to it then it was attached to the front of the card with cardboard behind it. The other two were attached back to back to each other. I used my Crop-O-Dile to attach a gold eyelet then threaded some white crochet cotton through the eyelet. I will attach my gift card to this tag.

From the Creative Cuts pack I selected a lantern and a greeting. I fussy cut the white border from the lantern and attached that on top of the tag and backed the "Merry Christmas" greeting with cardboard and attached that below the lantern. I also added a star from the same pack.

Now for our second card.
This is a simple card and is very quick to make.



I used Tim Holtz Craft Core red cardstock for my base. I cut it 9" x 6" and scored at 2 1/2" and 6 1/2" on the 9" edge. I also cut a piece 3 1/4" x 3" to use as the front embellishment panel.

I ran double sided tape along the inside of the top and bottom of the 2 1/2" panel on the right hand edge of the card base. This was then folded into the centre of the card and burnished in place to create a pocket. This pocket will hold the tag that the gift card will be attached to.

To decorate the interior of the card I cut a piece of patterned paper 4 1/2" x 5 3/4" and another 2 1/4" x 5 3/4". I used the same paper for both areas but you could use two different papers if you preferred. These were attached using glue to allow me some wriggle time. I found it best to keep the card flat white the glue grabbed.

To decorate the front panel I cut a piece of patterned paper that had a Santa picture on it to 3" x 2 3/4", inked the edges, attached it to the red cardstock panel I had cut previously and then attached that to the front left panel of the card. Apply glue/tape to only the left hand half of this panel when you attach it to the card base.

The greeting is from the Christmas Mini Cut A Part sheet. I matted that on a piece of the red cardstock and attached it to the bottom of the front panel.

I created a tag to hold the gift card. I cut a piece of white cardstock 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" and cut two of the corners off to create the tag shape.

Next I cut a piece of patterned paper 2 1/4" x 4", cut the corners off, inked the edges and attached it to the white cardstock tag.

I used my Crop-O-Dile to add a gold eyelet. White crochet cotton was threaded through the eyelet. The tag now slips into the pocket on the right inside section of the card


So there they are my two cards for today. Very handy cards if you give Gift Cards for presents

Don't forget to check out the video, if you are like me it is much easier to follow a process if you can see it happening.

Thanks for dropping by today and spending some of your day here with me

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment