Monday, March 1, 2021

Layout for Mystical Scrapbooks March 2021 Challenge

Hello hello

Today I am sharing the layout I have created for the March 2021 challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks.

There are two challenges and you can find them here

The Facebook page is here

and the shop is here

The theme for this month is Fire & Ice so I have chosen to scrap some photos from our 2015 holiday to New Zealand. One of the places we visited was Tasman Glacier, so lots of ice in these photos.

My challenge for you this month is to use torn papers and the colour blue on your layout.

The torn papers on my layout are to give the impression of waves on the water.

 I embossed some Navy cardstock with my Kaisercraft Diamond Tiled embossing folder and then rubbed some Art Alchemy Metallique wax over the top of the cardstock so the wax adhered to the risen sections of the card
The colour I used was White Gold
I attached a 1" strip of this to both the top and bottom of the white cardstock I used for the background.

The papers I have used for this layout are from Pink Paislee's Indigo and Ivy range

I have torn strips of paper's No 4, 6, 7 and 10 so they were about 1/2" wide, inked the torn edge and the two side edges and layered them at both the bottom and top of the layout, tucking each new layer under the previous one.


Another way I used the Art Alchemy Metallique Wax was on some resin pieces from my stash. I coated them with some acrylic paint to match the colours in the patterned papers then used my finger to apply the wax to the top surfaces of the resin.

A chipboard tab from Dusty Attics Mini Tabs #2 set was left in its natural state and added to the left hand edge of the top photo.

The title, which is the name of the place and the date the photos were taken was printed from my computer and attached to the back of the resin frame.




You can watch the process video here


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

I hope you have enjoyed my video and if you are not already a subscriber I would love it if you would click that subscribe button

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment