Friday, April 16, 2021

Mystical Scrapbooks April Cyber Crop

Good morning

Today is the start of the April 2021 Cyber Crop over at Mystical Scrapbooks

You will find the Cyber Crop here

The theme for the month is Black + 1 and my added challenge is to add at least one patterned paper that you have made yourself.

You can create your patterned paper in many different ways. I have stamped on a plain cardstock to create mine but you could use paste through a stencil to create an all over pattern, use ink through a stencil, add watercolours using the packaging technique, heat embossing and alcohol inks can also be used to create patterns on plain cardstock or even lightly patterned cardstock.

Here is my layout. For my +1 I have chosen blue.


I have used Tranquil Blue cardstock for the background frame and then black cardstock for my background.

I cut a one inch frame from the blue and trimmed the black to 11.5" square

I cut a piece of Colourblast - Limited Edition - One of a Kind to 10.5" x 10"

A piece of the Tranquil Blue cardstock was cut to 6.75" x 7.25" and then I stamped all over it with Uniquely Creatives - Wavy Words stamp and StazOn Jet Black ink

Colourblast - Limited Edition - Real Deal was cut to 5.25" x 6.5".

I filed around the edges of the photo, which is 8" x 5" then double matted it on the blue which is 8.25" x 5.25" and black which is 8.5" x 5.5" I added a piece of foam between the two mats.

The blue stamped cardstock and the Real Deal patterned paper were also matted with black cardstock. 

To create the flower embellishments I stamped, using Embassy Arts Giant Flowers stamp block, and heat embossed two flowers on the Real Deal paper and one on the blue cardstock. These were then fussy cut and had a piece of chipboard added to the back.

I used a couple of pieces of chipboard to embellish my layout. A tab from Dusty Attics Mini Tabs #2 and a heart from Memory Maze's Criss Cross Heart Set. These were given a coat of Baby blue acrylic paint. The tab was later changed to black using a permanent marker.

A piece of ribbon and a couple of rows of bling were also added to finish off the embellishing.

The title was cut using Tim Holtz Inside Out alpha die from the blue cardstock and attached to the top left of the layout.



Here is the process video


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment