Saturday, September 11, 2021

Whimsical Work Art Journal Page

Hello hello

Today I have got a quick post to share an Art Journal page I created.

I have not done any art journalling for a while and I was just in the mood for a bit of painty stuff.

I wanted to create something that had a bold contrast between the background 
and the focal point and this is what happened.


The background is acrylic paint. 
I worked on my silicon mat so I would have an easy clean up

I used Creative PL Cobalt Blue and Mont Marte Purple for the first layer. 
These were applied using a damp brush

Once that layer was dry I applied Creative Pl Ultramarine Deep and Purple Lake acrylic paints. 
I used a sponge to apply this layer giving me a lovely bumpy texture.

I used a scribbly circle stamp and the Cobalt Blue acrylic paint to stamp randomly over the page.


The focal point was created using a stencil from Anco and Viva Inca-Gold.
I have had the Inca-Gold for a very long time and it is very thick
but I was still able to push it through the stencil using my palette knife.

I added the motif to the top right and bottom left of the page.


To add a little lightness to the page I splattered some watered down 
white acrylic paint through the centre of the page, 
trying to avoid the gold sections as best as possible.

I used my domed blending tool to apply Archival Jet Black ink around the outside of the page.

The quote for the page came from Art by Marlene's Artsy Arabia black & white sticky quotes.
I attached the quote to the page with glue and drew a border around 
the quote and the page using my white Posca paint pen 0.7mm

Here is my process video


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment