Thursday, October 28, 2021

All that Sparkles Art Journal page

Good morning, good morning

In today's post I would like to show you a very simple art journal page I created.

I haven't used my Gelatos for ages and wanted to get them out.
I love how creamy they are and how easy they are to apply.


I used an 8 3/4" x 8 1/4" sheet of 216gsm watercolour paper. 
I punch four holes down one of the 8 1/4" edges 
and hold my pages together using jump rings.

I only use one side of the paper and on the back I write the products I have used on the page.

I have covered the whole page with Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap - Melange, 
which I have attached using Satin Mod Podge
I ran my Brayer over the tissue to ensure it is well stuck and there are no creases.
I usually use mat medium for this type of thing but I have the Mod Podge in my stash
 and want to use it up.

I selected Lavender, Guava, Lemon, Gold Champagne and Metallic Mint gelatos
and scribbled them randomly on top of the tissue.
I used a baby wipe to blend them.
I kept adding colour and blending until I was happy with my page.
As you can see from the colours selected I was going for a pastel background.


I used TCW stencil called Tile Texture to add some Modelling/Texture paste randomly to the page.
This dries white and gives the page a lift.


The focal points for the page are created by cutting stars from white cardstock using my 
Nellie's Multi Frame Star die and my Big Shot. I cut six in total, in an assortment of sizes.

To colour my starts I used Jane Davenport's Brights watercolour palette.
I sprayed the white cardstock stars with water and then used my 
water brush to add the purple watercolour pigment.

Once the watercolour was dry I stamped Kaszazz's Lifes Moments Background stamp,
with Versafine Onyx Black ink, to cover each star

The stars were attached to the page using Mod Podge.

I used my Stabillo All Pencil in black and my water brush to shade around each of the stars.

My quote was cut from black cardstock using Sizzix 662667 Alphabet die
 and attached to the page using Mod Podge.
I gave the quote a coat with my Wink of Stella Clear pen.

To add sparkle to the stars I brushed a coat of Nuvo Clear Drops - Morning Dew over each star.
This did not give the sparkle I was looking for so I added Spellbinders - Sparkle Dust Glitter.
As the Nuvo Drops were dry in some areas the glitter has stuck randomly
 to the stars, a look I am very happy with.

To finish my page off I added a scribbly boarder around the outside using my Fineliner bottle that holds slightly watered down black acrylic paint.

Here is my process video



As always, thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment