Saturday, November 6, 2021

Coneflower Cards

Good morning

Today I am sharing three cards I created using the Honey Bee Coneflower die
I love this die and wanted to use it as soon as possible.

Each of these cards also use a Couture Creations Walrus & Carpenter Embossing Folder


So let's look at Card No. 1


This card is 4 3/4" x 6 1/4"
I have cut the card base, a panel 3" x 4 1/4" and another panel 4 3/4" x 6 1/4" from white cardstock

I also cut a piece of yellow cardstock 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"

The white panels were then embossed with the Couture Creations embossing folder.

The large white panel was attached to the card base. 
The small white panel was attached to the yellow cardstock.
This panel was then attached to the card front.

The flower was coloured using a finger dauber and Tim Holtz Distress inks.
I used Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn on the leaves, 
Mustard Seed and Carved Pumpkin on the flowers
 and Vintage photo on the flower centres.

The flowers are very easy to assemble as the centre cone section lines up on each layer.
I used Art Glitter Glue to attach my layers.

I used my fingers to shape the petals on this flower.

The flower and leaves were attached towards the bottom of the smaller panel.

Dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops - Morning Dew were added to the centre of the flower.

The "Happy" part of the sentiment is from Art by Marlene's Artsy Arabia Black & White sticky quotes
The "Birthday" part of the sentiment is cut from yellow cardstock using 
Uniquely Creative's Brush Script Sentiment die.

To decorate the inside of the card I used a Martha Stewart punch to punch a 
piece of the yellow cardstock that was 6 1/4" long. 
I then trimmed it to 1" wide and attached it to the right hand edge of the inside of the card.

Card No. 2 


This card is 5 1/4" square

The patterned paper I have used for the background is 
Francheville Hearts PAP55 Lemon from 2002

I cut 2 pieces 5" square.
I inked the edges of each sheet and attached it to the inside right panel of the card.

I wrapped white crochet cotton around the second piece, securing it on the back with sellotape before attaching it to the front of the card.

I cut a piece of yellow cardstock 3 1/4" square and a piece of white cardstock 3" square.

The white cardstock was embossed with the same embossing folder
 and attached to the yellow cardstock

The flower, which was created the same as the one on the first card,
was attached to the embossed white panel.

The completed panel was attached to the card front with a piece of chipboard behind it.

I used a clear Glimmer pen to cover the centre of the flower.

The sentiment was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and 

A small piece of chipboard was added to each end of the sentiment
 so it sat level over the crochet cotton.

Card No. 3


This card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

I used Altenew Layered Snowflake Stars A die and the 
yellow patterned paper to cut the background for this card

I also cut a piece of yellow cardstock 1 1/2" x 4 1/4" and a piece of white cardstock 3" x 3 1/2"
both of these were embossed with the same folder and my Big Shot.

I used Art Glitter Glue to attach these layers to the card front, 
adding a layer of chipboard behind the embossed white cardstock.

I did not colour this flower, but I did cut the centre from the same yellow cardstock
 I have used on all of these cards.

I also curved the petals on this flower under instead of up.

I inked all the edges of the leaves and the flower and attached it to the white embossed panel.

I gave the centre of the flower a generous coat of Glossy Accents.

The sentiment is a Rub on from Kaisercraft's Happy Birthday set.
I rubbed this onto white cardstock and then matted it onto yellow cardstock 
before adding it to the card front with some chipboard behind it.

I added a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of the patterned paper to the inside right of the card.

My process video is below if you would like to check it out.



Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment