Friday, November 19, 2021

Three Christmas cards using Uniquely Creative's Holly Jolly papers

Good morning

Today I am sharing three more Christmas card.

These cards are in the more traditional colours and I have used a 6" paper pack of 
Uniquely Creative's Holly Jolly Christmas.

All three cards are 5" square and have been cut from 240gsm smooth white cardstock.
All of the papers on these cards have had their edges inked using a black ink cube.


Let's start with 
Card No. 1


I have cut the red plaid paper to 4 3/4" square and a piece of white cardstock 4 1/2" square

I placed my white cardstock on my Scoreboard and scored every 1/8" 
for about an inch to add some interest and texture to the panel.

The circular tags and the sentiment are from the Creative Cuts pack.

I used my Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles Large die
to cut two matts from Core'dinations Rouge cardstock to back the circular tags.

I punched a hole through the cardstock and threaded some white crochet cotton through the tags.

These were then attached to the card front with some scrap chipboard behind them.

I placed a red brad in each of the hole in the sentiment before attaching it to the card. 

The final touch was to add two clusters of 3 Picket Fence Moonshine sequins
 to the sentiment for a little sparkle.

Card No. 2


I cut a piece of the Rouge cardstock 4 3/4" square, 
a piece of Gold mirror card 4 3/8" square 
and a piece of patterned paper 4" square
 and attached these to my card front.

I fussy cut an assortment of poinsettia and holly leaves from one of the patterned papers,
shaped them with my flower shaping tool
and attached them to the bottom curve of the wreath on the patterned paper.

I used my Memory Box Snowflake Ornament die and gold mirror card
 to create a gold ornament to attach at the centre top of the patterned paper. 
Before I attached it though, I added a short length of metallic string in gold
and tucked the end of it behind the patterned paper layer.

The sentiment was cut from one of the patterned papers and matted on some of the Rouge cardstock.
I added a small piece of chipboard to the two end of the sentiment before attaching it to the card front so it would sit level over the metallic string.

The sparkle for this card was created by using 
Scrapbook.com's Pop of Colour in Glittering Champagne
in the centre of each of the fussy cut flowers.

Card No. 3


I had a change of heart during the creation of this card.

I cut the patterned paper to 4 3/4" square, 
distressing the edges using my Distress Tool before inking them.

The 4 1/2" piece of white cardstock received the same treatment to its edges.

I used Kaisercraft's Christmas Tree mini stencil and Mont Marte Modelling Paste
 to add a textured tree to the white cardstock.

While the stencil was still in place I covered it with Spellbinders Sparkle Dust Glitter.
This gave me a beautiful sparkly Christmas tree BUT it got lost on the white cardstock.

The sentiment is a Rub On that I have applied to white cardstock 
and matted on the same patterned paper I used as a layer on the front of my card. 
This was attached to the front panel with craft foam behind it.

I also added craft foam behind the patterned paper of the front panel before I attached it to the card base.

I used a fine black pen to draw a scribbly boarder around the white cardstock panel and the sentiment.

I still felt that the tree was getting lost so I placed the stencil back over it and added a coat of Pops of Colour Glittering Gold. This did the trick and the tree is now a stand out embellishment.

Here is my process video


Thank you once again for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment