Friday, April 1, 2022

Design Team project for Mystical Scrapbook's April Challenge

Good morning to you,
how are you today?

Today I am sharing the layout I created using one of the two colour palettes 
over at Mystical Scrapbooks for their April challenge.

This is the colour palette I am using


and here is my layout


I have used Uniquely Creative's The Story Garden papers for this layout.

I cut a 1" frame from a 12" piece of Character to create the page frame.

A piece of English Rose was trimmed to 11 1/2", the edges were inked using a 
Versa Color black ink cube and the two papers were attached 
to each other using double sided tape.

Using Cadence MU-13 Stencil and my palette knife I added Modelling Paste randomly to the background.

I used Gesso to coat a frame from Memory Maze's Junky Frames & Arrows chipboard set.
When this was dry I coloured it using Glimmermist, colour Starfish.


My photo is 5' x 7", I cut two mats for the photo, 
one from Stories that is 5 1/2" x 7 1/2" and 
one from Character that is 6" x 8".
I used an emery board to file around the edge of the photo 
before inking around the edges of all of the layers and attaching them to each other.
I also added a layer of sticky backed craft foam to the photo panel

I fussy cut all of the elements from Marvellous and the Cut a Part sheet and inked the edges.

Time now to assemble my page

I added the chipboard first and then the photo.

I then played around with the placement of all of the fussy cut elements 
and once I was happy with the layout I used my Art Glitter glue
 to attach everything to the page.



I used a Uniball Eye black fineline pen to draw a scribbly border around my page 
and write the date the photo was taken on one of the tabs at the top of the photo.


The title was cut from the Characters paper using my Apple Blossom Large Numbers & Suffixes die.

The title is attached at the bottom left of the photo.

A coat of Glossy Accents was added to the title and 
the gold locket amongst the photo cluster at the bottom right of the photo.

A coat of Wink of Stella clear shimmer pen to all of the flowers finishes this layout.

Here is my process video if you would like to see this page come together.


I hope you enjoy watching it

As always I appreciate you spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment