Tuesday, June 21, 2011

At last I have managed to do some scrapping and card making. The weather here is so bad that I have had no inclination to go anywhere or do anything else but sit in my scrap room and spend my time.

On Saturday morning I went to Seriously Scrapbooking and finished the Summertime Album that I started before I went away. I did not get it completely finished during the class but worked on it Sunday night and Monday night and am happy to say it is finished and I am very happy with it.

Saturday afternoon I had my Crop/Class at Camelot from 1:30 to 3:30. I have 2 attendees now and really enjoy spending time with them.

Saturday night Ray & I went to the West Adelaide Football Club for dinner and to watch my nephew in a Boxing Match. It was a pleasant evening catching up with 2 of my sisters from Port Lincoln who were also there to watch the match but unfortunately my nephew was disqualified because his mouth guard was red, which apparently is not allowed because the ump can not see if there is blood in the mouth if the mouth guard is red. This was disappointing for all concerned as a lot of people had made quite an effort to come and watch him fight. I have to say here that I am definitely not a Boxing fan, but I have seen the effort and dedication my nephew has put into his training and feel that he deserves any support I can give him.

Today I made a couple of cards with the scraps left over from the Summertime Album


I have used my Big Shot to cut the Butterflies and to emboss them and the yellow background piece.


I have used a Martha Stewart punch to do the punched edge and EK punches for the flower and heart and the Big Shot once again for the 2 labels they are mounted on and the embossing of the white label.

I will have them, and some more that I hope to make, on display at the Demonstration day to be held at Camelot on Sunday 26th of June (next Sunday) from 11am to 2pm. If you have got some spare time call in and have a look around. There is a 10% discount storewide for people who do.

We were going to go to the Adelaide Rock n Roll Club tonight but the weather and the band put us off so decided to stay home instead.

Anyway it's time for me to get back to some card-making so until next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment