Thursday, January 5, 2012

It has been a long time between posts I know but we have been to Sydney for New Years Eve celebrations and just returned yesterday. A group of 10 of us went, we flew over on Friday 30th and on New Years Eve we were on a cruise boat on Sydney Harbour for the evening and had a close up view of the fireworks. The cruise was great, it included dinner and drinks and we were able to roam about the boat at will, so we could be inside or out and there was plenty of room to move around. I was very glad that it was not overcrowded. A fantastic night.

This photo is just of some of the fireworks



This one shows the Sydney Opera House all lit up, from the harbour



And this one shows some of the fireworks on the Sydney Harbour Bridge


Today is my birthday and I have had a very relaxing day. Ray and I had lunch with Cindy at the Grange Beach Cafe and spent a very pleasant 3 hours just talking, eating and drinking.

One of the things that was on my wishlist was a new hot glue gun and this is what I got

Very impressive

I also got a 12 month subscription to Scrapbook Creations. One very happy birthday girl.
On the way home from lunch we called in at Westlakes and I got a new food processor, not really intended as a birthday present but very happy with it just the same.

On Tuesday night while we were still in Sydney we went to Doyle's for dinner and my friends gave me cupcakes, chocolates and a voucher so I have been really spoilt this year.

While I have been checking out all the blogs since I have been back several blogs that I visit are doing the Photo a day challenge that was posted HERE. I have decided to join in even though I am a few days behind.
This is the list and tomorrow I will attempt to get up to date.


I have not done any crafty stuff for a while now and am starting to feel like I need to get into something so hopefully tomorrow will be the day when I get the time to do some scrapping. I have got a heap of photos to get printed and I really need to get that done before I start any new pages.

I am off to gather my thoughts and work out what I need to do tomorrow.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment