Thursday, July 5, 2012

What a day!!! When I woke up this morning it was raining and I had to use my umbrella to get to the shower block which is about 500 mtrs from where our van is. We had to be up early because Will had to shoot at 9am and we were going to catch the bus into Cambride when he left. Because it was raining we decided to go to the Rifle Range with him and when he wasn't shooting and the rain had stopped he would drop us into the city. A very kind man offered to drop us in the city centre on his way home, he had just taken his son out there to shoot. We accepted gladly. We got into Cambridge about 9:15am and nothing was open, they are too civilized to open at 9am, some opened at 9:30 but most opened at 10am. There were several light showers while we walked around the town area just having a look around. The showers stopped and the sun came out making it very hot because I had dressed for a cold day, I was taking off and putting back on layers all day. We walked out to Selwyn College where Anne and Will went for dinner last night
They said it was a great meal and they had a good night. I was very happy to stay at home and catch up on some internet time and read my book. I am reading 50 Shades of Grey which was on special at one of the news agents we went into to buy something. I had heard that it was very good and was the top selling book at the moment. It is very spicy. Anyway back to today, we walked all over town and one of the places we saw was Kings College, very impressive. This is just one section of it.
We then had lunch in one of the local pubs before visiting the Fitzwilliam Museum to see the Search for Immortality exhibition showing the tomb treasures of the Han dynisty in China. Very interesting. There are no pictures because you are not allowed to take photos in there. This photo is of some statues outside of the museum that caught my eye.
We then bought a few groceries so I could make Carbonara for tea and caught a taxi out to the rifle range. Unfortunately Cambridge beat the Australian team today. Oh well!!! When the shooting had finished we came back to the park and sat in our deck chairs in the sun having a glass of champagne. Very pleasant
Before I go I have to say happy birthday to my sister Debra. Have a great day. That's it for today folks Thanks for dropping by Till tomorrow Cheers Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment