Monday, August 5, 2013

I couldn't help myself today, I had to get in my craft room and do some work on my calendar. Poor Daisy missed out on her bath. I am sure she doesn't mind and I don't enjoy bathing her so we are both a bit happy at the moment. I know I am just putting of the inevitable but tomorrow I will do it first thing in the morning before I go to Pilates and anything else gets in the way.

I got my calendar finished so here we go.

It uses a CD case as the stand.
Each of the 6 pages are made of chipboard and are 6" wide by 5.5" tall.
Each page has a month on the front and a month on the back so when you get to the end of June you just turn the stand around and work your way back to December.
Each sheet of chipboard is covered with patterned paper and then Iridescent Texture Pate that has been coloured with acrylic paint has been used with assorted stencil. Some months have some stamping on the background as well.


The resin bird has been sprayed with Glimmermist
The dragonfly body dots were done with a Viva Pearl Pen


I got to use the hexagon spellbinders die that I bought a while ago and have been itching to use on this month. The butterfly is cut with a spellbinders die out of old book paper and sprayed with Glimmermist


A doily from the op shop and some metal left over from my class with Finnibaire



Some resin flowers that had the colour applied to the mould before the resin was poured in.


Loving feathers at the moment. A couple more resin flowers that have been sprayed with Glimmermist


Op shop doily sprayed with Glimmermist and another book paper butterfly. Chipboard bracket and scalloped edge painted with acrylic paint


Banners...can't get enough of these


These flowers are called yo-yo flowers I think. I made them from fabric. Very cute, got all the fabric and instructions from Mum when I was there a couple of months ago. The little porcelain rose and leaves in the bottom right are some of the goodies I bought back from Mum's this trip. So good to have a mum with lots of crafty stuff.


The burlap flowers and butterflies I bought last week.



Well that is it for this post.
I am already thinking about my next page. It will be another travel page for my 2009 trip.
Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment