Saturday, September 23, 2017

3 Flower Art Journal Page

Hello.

It has been a long time between posts as I have been very busy with Design Team work. I have also been busy packing and arranging a trip to China. I leave on Monday and won't be back till the 11th October so I will be missing in action for a short time.

I am really looking forward to this holiday as it is the first time I have been on an organised tour and I am interested to know if I like this type of holiday or not. If I do like it I imagine I will do a couple each year as Ray is not really interested in going on holidays and the tour type of holidays enables me to go without being on my own.

My good friend Wendy is coming with me on this trip so it should be fun.

Anyway back to the art journal page I have got to share with you today.


I did this background so long ago I have forgotten what I used but I can see that I have used acrylic paint, some small burlap flowers that I got from Cheap As Chips, stencil, texture paste, stamping, gesso and a black marker to draw the circles.I coloured some of the circles with white gesso and rubbed some Viva Inka Gold here and there to complete it.

For the focal points I decided to go with some flowers. This is always the hardest part for me, deciding on the focal point.

I cut the flowers and leaves from some paper I had created using Magicals, then stamped over them with Archival inks and random stamps

I did some shading around the flowers with my Faber-Castelle Big Brush markers and some detail work using a black fine point pen and a white gel pen.

The centre of the flowers are Art Ingredient Glass beads and the pearlescent dots on the internal petals are made with Scribbles which are very similar to the Viva Pearl Pens.

Thanks for dropping by
See you in about 3 weeks
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment