Tuesday, July 17, 2018

"Houses" Art Journal Page

Good afternoon paper people

A bit of a change today. I am sharing an art journal page. I have not done any AJ pages for soooo long so thought it was time to get back into it.

I bought a new stamp, which turned out to be too small, but I used the image on the stamp to draw  houses on watercolour paper.

But let me start from the beginning.......

This page is from my Finnabair Art Journal and is 9" x 7"

I had previously started this page and did not like it at all. The background was good but the houses were too small and too colourless.

To be honest I did this page so long ago that I can not remember what I have used on the background. I can see Gesso, Texture Paste through a stencil and some stamping but I cannot remember what I used to colour it.

The houses are a stamp by Nathalie Kalbach (N*Studio). You get the Foam solid background stamp and then a seperate stamp with the design lines on it. Great stamp but just not right for this page.


So I gave it a make over using the design from the new stamp I bought. Using some grey paper I collaged small pieces to the bottom of the page and then stamped on top of it with black ink to create a "footpath" look.

I drew the houses on some watercolour paper and coloured them with my Jane Davenport watercolours. I then attached them over the top of the other houses I had on the page using Gel Medium. I had to be very careful doing this because the gel medium smudged the water colours. I used my Big Brush markers to shade around the houses then I detailed them using black acrylic paint in my fineliner bottle. I cut the grass out of some green paper and stuck it on. The detailing was done with a white gel pen, a lime green alcohol marker and a black sharpie.

It was looking pretty dark so I gave it a white border using white acrylic paint in another fineliner  bottle. I also gave all of the windows a coat of Glossy accents.


Much happier with it now and I have called it finished.....although I am tossing up weather to put some tiny flowers amongst the grass.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment