Tuesday, August 14, 2018

"Unique" Art Journal Page


Good Afternoon

Today I am sharing an Art Journal page I have just finished.

This page has been in the making for ages, I did the background months ago and it has just been sitting around waiting for me to do something with it. There is another background just like it waiting to be "loved"

This is the completed page


To give you an idea of what I started with this is the page that has the same background that is waiting for me to finish it off. There is a lot of texture in there.



Because the background was quite dark and busy I swiped over it with some white Gesso to lighten it up in the hope that the flowers would stand out more.

The flowers were stamped onto watercolour paper using Stayzon Ink and then coloured using an assortment of permanent markers

These were then attached to the page using Gel Medium, I found that the Gel medium dulled the colour. Don't know weather that was because I put it on too thickly or a normal consequence of using Gel Medium over markers. To fix this I went over the flowers with my Big Brush Markers because I know that once they are dry they will not move.

I then added the stems, a bit of shading and some detail. For the detailing I used a Fude Ball 1.5 pen and a Mitsubishi UB245 black fine pen.

I then stamped the "Unique" title using Stayzon Ink.

To finish off I did some stamping with Gold ink and the same flower stamps, along with a circle stamp in Yellow and Blue. I then framed the page with my Black Big Brush Marker and a gold pen.

Here is a close up for a little bit of the detail.




Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful page and your description is excellent- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment Buzzy. Glad you like my page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for dropping by my blog and your kind comment Lillinda.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment