Thursday, November 15, 2018

Christmas Cards Group 3

Good afternoon

Today I am sharing another video I have created showing the process to create these cards.


You can watch the video here. In the description of this video you will find a link to the other two videos I have posted on creating Christmas Cards. The 3 videos show you have to make 20 cards in total

My goal is to use as much of my Christmas stash as I can.

This first card has a stepped front which is not easy to see in the photo. The front of the card has been cut back to 4" x 4" and then all of the layers have been added to that so that they step out until the top layer is level with the right hand edge of the card base. All of the papers have been distressed and inked around the edges.
I have added a purchased bauble sticker that I have threaded some ribbon through and a computer generated Christmas greeting to finish the card


I have used some corrugated cardstock as the bottom layer on this next card. I cannot even guess how long I have had that. A layer of patterned paper and then some white cardstock. The edges of all the papers has been inked with black Versa Color ink.

I have die cut the bauble decoration from gold cardstock, green/blue cardstock and red cardstock then layered them in the appropriate places to create the embellishment.
I attached it to the card and then covered the bow with red stickles for some shimmer.

The greeting has been printed from my computer and then matted on some red cardstock. It has been attached to the card using foam tape


This next card is a shaker card. I die cut the baubles from a piece of white cardstock that I had trimmed to 3 3/4" x 5 3/4" so I would have a 1/8" border all the way around my 6" x 4" card

I also cut the tops of the bauble from gold cardstock.

I attached a piece of acetate to the back of the panel and then used glue to put the bauble detail back into the cut out shape.

I created a border all of the way around each bauble on the back of the panel using foam tape, I tipped the ultra fine red glitter into the well that this created and then covered it with a piece of white paper. Make sure you have a complete row of tape surrounding your glitter or you will end up with glitter everywhere and none left in your card.

I then attached the red ribbon from the top of the bauble and carried it over the top of the panel. The gold bauble tops were then glued into position.

The greeting was cut using a die and attached with glue


The bauble on this last card is made using Washi tape. I covered a piece of white cardstock with an assortment of glitter washi tapes then used a circle die to cut out a circle in a size to suit my panel.

The card has 3 background panels made from patterned paper, the top layer is white cardstock that I have embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

The top of the bauble is a small rectangle I have cut from the leftover washi covered cardstock

The white layer and the bauble are attached using foam tape.

For the greeting I have cut it once from patterned paper and twice from white cardstock and stuck them on top of each other to create a slightly raised greeting.


Hope you enjoy my videos if you check them out.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment