Thursday, November 29, 2018

More Christmas Cards

Hi there.

Well look at me go, another process video for these 5 Christmas cards.

You can see the video here

This first card has no middles section to the front of the card. The Christmas trees hold the front of the card together.
I made a standard 6" x 4" card and then cut the front section at 1 1/2" and then 2" up from the new bottom. I matted the top and bottom sections with 2 patterned papers and then used the Christmas trees that I had fussy cut from another patterned paper to join the 2 sections back together. The greeting was printed on my computer then matted before being attached with foam tape.


This square card is 5 1/4" in size because I found some envelopes in my stash that this size will fit into and I wanted to start using them up.

The red 2 1/4" squares were cut from a metallic glimmer velum. The gold squares were cut from a Christmas card I received last year.

The banner was cut using a no-name die, there are 2 pieces to it the frame and the background. I have cut the frame in gold cardstock and the background in the same velum.
I have matted the computer printed greeting on some of the velum and attached it to the card.


This 6" x 4" card is a top opening landscape card. I have cut 2 pieces of patterned paper 2 1/2" x 5 3/4". I have distressed and inked the edges and then attached them to each other so the top cardstock overlaps the bottom one. I then tied a piece of ribbon around this panel before attaching it to the card base. I cut a piece of white cardstock 3 3/4" x 1 1/2" and used foam tape to attach that to the card to hold the matted greeting and the Christmas tree embellishment.


This card is very simple. The 6" x 4" portrait card base has been matted with a piece of kraft cardstock that I cut to 3 3/4" x 5 3/4" then put through my big shot with a music notes embossing folder. I inked the edges and lightly wiped the ink pad over the embossed surface to highlight the pattern. I used a no name die to cut the baubles from white cardstock. After I attached that to the front of the card I applied some Stickles randomly on the baubles and I have coated my greeting with Glossy Accents


This square card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I have cut a background patterned paper 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" then patterned paper No. 2 to 4 1/2" x 5 1/4" which I have punched the two longer edges with a border punch. Another piece of the background patterned paper 3 3/4" x 5 1/4" was layered on top of that so that the punched edges poked through. Pattern paper no. 3 was cut to 3 1/4" x 5 1/4" and attached on top of the other papers using foam tape. I cut the greeting with Sizzix 662667 alphabet die and the background patterned paper and attached it to a piece of white cardstock that measures 3 3/4" x 2", this was attached to the front of the card toward the right hand edge of patterned paper no. 3. A purchased tag embellishment was add to complete the card.


I hope you pop over to my Youtube Chanel and check out the video. You will find 3 other card making videos linked in the description of this video that you might like to check out too.


Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment