Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Christmas Cards 2018 No 7

Good morning everyone

Today I am sharing the last of my Christmas cards for this year. I have made 35 so if you have checked out my videos for them all, thank you very much for sticking with me.

If you have a look at this video you will find links to all my other videos in the description box below it.

I have gone for the vintage look with these last 4 cards and I have used Kaisercraft's St Nicholas paper range from a few years ago.



This card is for my husband and that is why I have used hearts on it, not something I would normally put on a Christmas card. I have used a 5 1/4" square cream card base. I have layers 2 patterned papers on the card base making each layer a 1/4" smaller in both directions than the one below it. All of the patterned papers have been inked.
The 3 strips across the bottom of the card are branding strips from the bottom of some of the patterned papers.
The hearts were cut using decreasing sizes of a stitched heart die. I folded each heart in half and used glue to attach the hearts to each other down the middle fold only.
The flower in the middle of the hearts and the greeting were stamped using Fired Brick Distress Ink.
The greeting was stamped on the same card that the card base was made from, cut into a rectangular shape then I rounded the corners.




I have used a 5 1/4" square card base for this card too. I have also used the same card stock to mat each of the patterned papers. All of the patterned papers and cardstock have been distressed and inked. The green cardstock is 5" x 5", the cream cardstock is 4 1/2" x 4 1/2", the red cardstock is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" and the cream cardstock that I have used for the front panel is 4" x 4". I cut a panel from the cut-apart sheet and attached that to the panel and then tied some gold ribbon around the panel before attaching it to the card using foam tape.




The cream  card base is 5 1/4" square for this card also. I have cut patterned paper 5" square, 4 1/2" square and 4 1/4" square. The edges have all been distressed and inked. I fussy cut the bells, leaves and poinsettias, shaped them with my shaping tooling a light spray of water, then attached them to the card front using foam tape. I cut the greeting from the patterned paper and distressed and inked the edges before attaching it to the card. I used my Scribbles, which is similar to Stickles, to give the berries some dimension.




This card is a Z fold card. The card base is 5" x 10" and scored at 2 1/2" and 5". The second piece of cream cardstock was cut to 9" x 4 " and scored at 4" and 6 1/2".

The green patterned paper was cut to 4 1/2" square and 2 pieces at 4 1/2" x 2 1/4".

The patterned paper has been inked and then attached to the larger piece of cardstock, The 4 1/2" piece goes on the largest panel and the others go on the front panel that has been folded out onto itself and the inside section of the folded front panel. When you attach the patterned paper to the front panel be sure to line it up with the edge of the fold and the patterned paper panel below it.

Attach the smaller panel to the card base so that the largest section (4" square) is central on the front folded section. You will only need to apply tape or glue to half of this piece. Attach tape/glue to the back of the end panel of the smaller piece of cardstock and close the card up as it will be when it is completed.

Now we can decorate this panel. I have cut some patterned paper 3 3/4" square as the base and then I fussy cut the bird from the patterned paper and used foam tape to attache it to the card.

I also stamped a Christmas greeting on the inside of the card as I have not put one on the outside.


Hope you will try these cards for yourself. I would love to see what you make if you do.

If you can not follow my directions very well because it can be a bit confusing at times, don't forget you can see the video here and that will show you how they are made with sizes and full instructions.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment