Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Art Journal Page - Tiptoe

Good afternoon on this hot Tuesday afternoon.

Today I am sharing a Youtube clip of an art journal page I recently completed.

You can see the video here, I hope you will pop over and check it out.

This is the page


and here is a closeup



This page started life a long time ago. It was only a background and I did not like it is I painted over it with a couple of coats of Gesso but even so some of the colour seeped through so I decided to embrace the pink that was already there.

I used some pink, purple and green acrylic paint and my palette knife to add colour to the background. Some texture paste through a stencil was next and then some stamping.

I stamped the flowers using a very old stamp (from 2001) and Stayzon ink onto watercolour paper and then used a water brush and ink from an assortment of ink pads to colour and shade them. I stamped the front two petals of each flower twice so I could add more dimension to the flowers by layering them on the flowers with foam tape.

The stems were hand cut from scraps of paper I had left over from a previous project. I did add stamping to them with a Deep Red stamp called Water Droplet Background.

I decided that the background was too dark after I had attached the flowers so I gave it a coat of watered down Gesso to tone it down a bit.

I have used Faber Castell Big Brush markers and a Stabillo All pencil to shade the flowers, stems and leaves.

The black border and the white highlighting on the flowers and stems was applied with watered down acrylic paint in a fine-line applicator.

Why not pop over to my YouTube channel and check out the video, all of the process is shown there.
If you enjoy the video I would love it if you would subscribe to my channel.

Here is the link.

Have a great day and I hope it is not as hot where you are as it is here.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment