Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Shaker Birthday Card

Good morning everyone.

Thanks for coming to my blog today, love having you here.

Today I am sharing the birthday card I made for my grand-daughter who turned 11 last week.

I have created a video, you can see it here



To create the card base I cut a piece of Best Creations Basic Glitter paper in pink to 8" x 6" and scored it at 4" on the longest edge, to make a 6" x 4" card

I used Die-Namics High Rise Numbers die to cut the 11 from a piece of white cardstock that measured 2" x 2.5".

I covered the back of the white cardstock with a piece of acetate and then used foam tape to completely surround each number.

The Aussie Stamps & Crafts Superfine glitter in Pastel Apricot (I have had this for about 15 years) was then added to the numbers.
A piece of white cardstock was then attached to the back of the panel to contain the glitter. Now my shaker panel is ready to be attached to the card.

I wanted to have some twine behind the shaker panel so I cut a piece of the Glitter paper 4" x 1" and wrapped the twine around that, securing it at the back with some double sided tape.

I used foam tape to attach the shaker panel to the piece with the twine and then attached that to the card  about 2/3rds of the way down the card.

I used a die to cut the Happy Birthday greeting from white cardstock. This was then attached to a piece of the glitter card that was cut to 4" x 1.5" and matted on a piece of white cardstock that was 4" x 2". This panel was then attached to the card about a 1/2" from the bottom.

It is a very simple card and easy to put together, why not give it a try

Remember you can see the video on my YouTube channel here

I have lots of other card making videos on my channel and I would love it if you would check them out and maybe subscribe to my channel if you like my videos.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment