Sunday, January 13, 2019

Shine Art Journal Page

Good afternoon.

Today I am sharing an art journal page. You can see the process video here.

This is the page


The background for this page started life a long time ago and I did not like it at all so I gave it a couple of coats of white Gesso to cove all of the colour up.

I had used Texture Paste through a couple of different stencils on the background and that texture stayed with the page.

I used Colour Blast and Color Crush powders in greens and yellows to colour the background. To add a bit more depth to the colour I then added some more greens and yellows using Distress Inks and a blending tool. Using my Kaisercraft Numbers clear stamp and Black Stayzon Ink I stamped randomly to add more dimension. I also splattered white Gesso all over the background.

The tree is collaged using water-colour paper that I have coloured using Twinkling H2O's in reds, yellows, purple, pinks and gold. I have cut this into varying lengths to create the tree shape and attached it to the page using Gel Medium.

The star at the top of the tree was cut using Nellie's Multi Frame Star die and the baubles and base were also cut from the same gold cardstock.

All of the shading on the page was done using my Faber Castell Big Brush markers and the detailing was done with both black and white permanent pens.

To add some extra shine to the page I covered the star and the baubles with a coat of Glossy Accents

The border was drawn in using a Zig Dotta-Riffic pen

The title uses glitter chipboard letters from Bella

I did add lots of dots of Viva White Pearl Pen but when they dried they were clear instead of white. While I missed the white colour it did add some extra texture.

Hope you enjoyed reading about my page and maybe you would like to pop over to my YouTube channel and watch the video.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment