Wednesday, April 10, 2019

2 Cards, same design, different looks

Good morning

The inspiration for this post came from the fact that I needed a birthday card for my husband and a Mother's Day card for my Mum and I wanted to show that even if you did exactly the same thing on 2 cards they always look different depending on the papers you choose and the embellishments you add.

I will sometimes do this for layouts as well.

These are the 2 cards I made.

There is a video showing my process an my YouTube channel. You can see it here.


I have used a pink pearl card base for the Mother's Day card and trimmed it down to 5.5" square as I will be posting this card.

The papers I used are from Kaisercraft's Fiesta paper collection. This is a fairly old collection but I have the 6.5" paper pad and love the colours.

I tore 2 edges of the base layer patterned paper so it was slightly smaller that the card base.

I have then added a layer of pink burlap that I have frayed on two of the edges.

The third layer is some more patterned paper that was torn on two edges and the top layer of patterned paper has straight edges all round and sized so that the third layer just show at the top and bottom of it.

All of the patterned papers were inked on the edges with black ink.

The flower comes from a paper pad I bought many years ago by K&Co called Cardstock Flowers. There are 578 flowers that can be assembled from this pad. They are all pre-cut, so you have to mould and assemble each layer. I took the pad with me when I visited my Mum one time and we made some of the flowers together. This flower was one of them.

The greeting was generated on my computer and printed on standard printer paper. I have cut it to size, inked around the edge of it and used foam squares to attach it to the card.

I added a few dots of Clear Nuvo Drops randomly on the card for a bit of glimmer.


This masculine card was assembled in exactly the same way.

I used Kaisercraft Attitude patterned papers and cream burlap.

The black die cut was cut using Kaisercraft's Scribble die and the tag was cut using Kaisercraft's Tag Shapes die.

The chipboard hearts were that colour from a previous project so I stamped some text ao them using black StayzOn ink. When the card was complete I gave them a coat of glossy accents to add some shine.


I always find it amazing that two card that use the same design can look so different.

Why not give it a try with your cards or your layouts.

Don't forget to check out the video here, and if you enjoy it please share it with your friends.

If you are not already a subscriber to my YouTube channel I would love it if you would subscribe. I am trying to get to 1,000 subscribers by the end of the year and any help you would like to give me would be appreciated.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment