Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Mother Layout using a Cut File

Good morning

So I have to say that this layout is inspired by my watching Missy Whidden.
There are a couple of things that she seems to do on most of her layouts. They are, use a cut file, create a mixed media backgrounds and add cotton thread.

I have created a video showing the process I used to create this layout. You can see it here.
Please check it out and subscribe to my YouTube channel if you enjoy my videos. Don't forget to hit the bell next to the subscribe button so you will be notified each time I post a new video.


I have a scan N Cut and for some time I have been wanting to create my own cut file so now was my opportunity. I found 3 free flowers on the internet at lovesvg.com and imported them into my Scan N Cut, from there I manipulated them and formed a circle of lowers which I cut out of white cardstock

I have used Kaisercraft's Miss Betty paper range and Secret Garden collectables for this layout. All of the papers and the cut file have been inked with black ink.

The background is a piece of white cardstock that I have given a coat of white Gesso because I plan on using watercolours on it and the Gesso helps to move the colour around and make the cardstock more resistant to water.

I applied some Semco Pearlescent watercolour randomly to the cardstock once the Gesso was dry using a brush and a water spray to move the colour around.

While this was drying I backed all of the flowers in the cut file.

I trimmed the background cardstock down to 11.5" x 11.5" and attached it to a piece of blue cardstock so that my page would have a frame.

I then used my hot glue gun to attache the cut file to the background. I like to use hot glue to attach things on top of a gessoed surface because glue or tape will not always stay in place.

Two strips of patterned paper and two strips of the blue paper were distressed along one of their long edges and attached to the left hand edge of the layout


I filed around the edge of the photo then matted it on some of the blue cardstock. I then stuck a piece of cardboard onto the back of the photo mat and attached that to the layout with the hot glue gun lifting the photo up from the page slightly.

I had 4 flowers spare, I cut them from under the strips on the left, so I used them to embellish around the photo. I also selected a few items from the collectables pack to add to the page.
I attached the sewing thread in pink and blue to the layout.

The title is chipboard that I coated with Gesso then painted with "Pinkest Pink" acrylic paint.

To finish the layout off I splattered some Glimmermist in black, pink and blue randomly onto the background.


Don't forget you can watch the video here

Thanks for dropping by today
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment