Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Three Children's Birthday Cards

Good morning

Today's post is about these three children's birthday cards I created

You can see the video here.

I have used a couple of paper pads I have had for some time for these cards. One is Amy Tangerine's Yes Please and the other is Studio Calico's Best of Studio Calico

Because they are for children I have chosen to use bright colours and to make them interactive or tactile


For the first card I have cut a 12" x 12" piece of yellow cardstock to 5.25" x 10.5", this has been folded in half to make a 5.25" square card base.

A piece of white card stock that is 4.75" square has been put through my Big Shot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder to create some texture for the background.

I have wrapped black crochet cotton around this piece of cardstock and tied a knot in it to secure the ends.

Using my Big Shot and my Die-Namic Mix and Match Banners die I have cut 8 banners from the Studio Calico papers. Four were added to the card using glue and the top four were added using foam squares.

The greeting was printed from my computer and then mounted on a piece of the same yellow cardstock that the card base is made with. This was then added to the card using foam squares

To finish the card off I doodled some faux stitching around each of the elements on the card and added a black gem to the centre of each banner.


The second card is a shaker card using the Amy Tangerine papers.

The card base is plain white cardstock that is cut to 8" x 6" and folded in half to make a 6" x 4" card base.

I have cut one piece of patterned paper 5.75" x 3.75" and another 5.25" x 3.25" and a strip that is 0.5" x 5.75". I have cut a pieces of white cardstock  5 3/8" x 3 3/8" and another 5/8" x 5.75". 
I inked the edges of all of these papers and mounted the strip of patterned paper on top of the strip of white cardstock so it had an even border along the long edges and was flush at the narrow ends.

I used my Ultimate Crafts ULTM57570 heart die to cut the heart out of the centre of the previously cut patterned paper, and I also cut it out of another patterned paper so I could have the turquoise heart to lay on top of the acetate for detail.

I assembled my shaker section on the patterned paper with the heart cut out by attaching a piece of acetate to the back of the paper with glue, made a casing all around the outside of the heart with foam tape, added the fine glitter and then attached the piece of white cardstock that I had cut so I had a small border all around the patterned paper. This was then attached to the largest piece of patterned paper and then the whole assembly was attached to the card base.

The matted strip of patterned paper was added using glue.

The greeting was stamped using a Hero Arts stamp and Stayzon ink and then attached to the card using foam squares.


The third card is a tri-fold card with a pop out centre strip.

I have used the Studio Calico papers for this card.

I cut a piece of red cardstock to 10.5" x 5.25", folded it in half then folded the front section back on itself at the halfway point.

I cut another piece of red cardstock the was 10.5" x 3" and folded that in the same manner.

I cut a piece of patterned paper 10.25" x 5" and attached that to the card base and then cut a piece of white cardstock 10.5" x 2.75" and attached that to the other piece of red cardstock.

Using a free die I got with a card making magazine I purchased some time ago I cut 12 balloons in assorted patterned papers.

Using my hot glue gun and some crochet cotton I added "tails" to the kites.



I used foam squares to add the kites to the front section of the panel and hot glue to add the rest of the balloons being careful not to have any balloons on the folds.

The ballon panel was then added to the card using hot glue so that the longer section was attached to the front of the card.

The greeting was cut once from red cardstock and three times from white cardstock and these where layered on top of one another to create a nice sturdy greeting about the thickness of chipboard, The die that I used to cut this greeting was a no brand die from Wish.

The greeting was then attached to the front panel of the card so that about 1/3 of it over hung the front fold.


If you have any questions about these cards please leave it in the comments or you can check out the process video here.

If you enjoy the video please subscribe to my channel and share the video with your friends.

Thanks for dropping by today
Till next time
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment