Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Happy Flower Child Art Journal Page

Good morning everyone

Today I am sharing an Art Journalling Page that I really enjoyed making.
I have videoed the process and you can see it here

I want to have an Art Journal that is disc bound and I do not have the "Joggles" type of discs or the punch so I thought I would try using rings for binding and just a normal hole punch for the holes and see how I like the idea and then if I am happy with the way it works I will buy the punch and the discs.

The reason this type of journal appeals to me is that you can take the page out of the journal, work on it flat and then add it back into the journal. I am also only going to use one side of the page for art and on the back I am going to write what products I have used on the page. I look at some of my early pages and I can not remember what I have used to create them so I am really looking forward to being able to note this for each page.



To start this page I am working on 190gsm Mont Marie Watercolour Paper that I have torn out of a pad and trimmed down to make it about 8" square. This size appeals to me.

I gave the paper a coat of 13 Arts Ayeeda White Gesso and let that dry naturally.

Using my palette knife I applied some Mont Marte Modelling Paste through a Kaiseercraft stencil randomly on the page. Once again I let this dry before going onto the next step.

I sprayed the page with a good covering of water and added the Color Crush and Colour Blast powders and moved them around with more water until I had the colour as intense as I wanted it.

To add some more interest to the background I used a Kaisercraft Stitched Circle stamp and Stayzon Black ink to stamp randomly. I did the same with Inkadinkado stamp - Dot Flourish and Encore Gold Ink.


Using Sizzix Petal Flower die and white cardstock, I cut 12 large petals and 12 small petals to create my focal point.

To add some interest to the petals I stamped with Deep Red Water Droplets Background Stamp and embossing ink and heat embossed the circles using 2 blue embossing powders.

The petals were attached to the page using Matt Gel Medium being very careful not to smudge the background. I did put a coat of Gel Medium on top of the flower because I had planned to do the shading with my Faber Castell Big Brush markers but as often happens I changed my mind.

I gave the flower petals a rough outline using a fine permanent marker.

To give the flower some more detail I used a set of Semco pearlescent water colours. First detailing was added using a light blue and the final details were added using a darker blue.

Watered down black acrylic paint in a Fineline bottle was used to outline the flower petals and give the page a border.

An old earring from my stash was attached to the centre of the flower using my hot glue gun and some watered down white acrylic paint splatters finished the page off.


 Hop over to my YouTube channel and you can see the whole process.

Thanks for dropping by today
Till next time
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment