Sunday, June 16, 2019

"Sweet" Layout for Creative Inspirations sketch challenge.

Good morning to you all

I have created this layout using a sketch designed by Bev Code over at Creative Inspirations where I am a guest designer for this month.

You can see the sketch here.

You can enter the challenge here.

Check out my process video here.


I have used Kaisercraft's Wandering Ivy paper range for this layout. 

The floral background was cut to a 1" frame so I could use the same paper on the front of the layout for embellishing.

The white paper was torn on each edge so it measured approx. 11" square, I inked the edges then attached it to the 1" floral frame.


To create the embellishments for the page I have used some Washi Tape, (the blue and white chevron strips) and some patterned paper and also some Navy card stock that I punched along one edge with a Martha Stewart punch.

I added the strips to the top left corner of the layout and below the photo.
Once these were in place I took the layout to my sewing machine and stitched around the page where the two background papers overlap. I did two rows of stitching one straight and one zig zag.

I did the same stitching on top of the floral strip of paper in my clusters

For the top cluster I added a black scalloped heart and a piece of the branding strip from one of the papers. I did some doodling using my White Signo pen around the heart.



The embellishments at the bottom left of the photo are a mixture of die cuts and foiled stamping which has been fussy cut. This is the first bow I have made using my new bow die, very happy with it.

For the title I stamped "Sweet" onto a piece of acetate and then heat embossing it with black embossing powder. this was then attached to the top left of the photo using a bit of wet glue behind the letters so it does not show through the acetate.

Hope this layout inspires you to make something today.

Don't forget to pop over to my YouTube channel and watch the video for this layout.

Why not have a go yourself. You can enter your layout into the challenge here.

So glad you have spent some of your time here with me on my blog today.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment