Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Gate Fold and Z Fold Birthday Cards

Good morning to you.

Today I am sharing a couple of cards.

I was inspired by cards I saw on Pinterest when I went looking for something that was a bit different than the normal fold card.

I made a video while creating these cards and you can see it here.




OK let's start with this one


I started by cutting some white cardstock 6.5" wide by 6" deep and then scored it at 2.25" on the 6.5" edge. This makes a 4.5" x 6" card.

I used a no-name Stitched Heart die to cut a white cardstock heart that measures about 4" wide by about 4.25" deep. I scored the heart a 1/4" in from the right hand edge and then attached that to the card base, using glue, approx centre of the right hand edge of the card base.


Now that my card base is assembled I cut patterned paper so that it fits on the front left panel and the inside panel so that there is only a very thin white border showing around the edge when the patterned paper is attached to the card base. All of the papers on both of these hards have the edges inked before they are attached.

I have used a 6" x 6" paper pad that I bought from Cheap As Chips called Ballerina by Molly's. It has some beautiful papers in it including some with gold foiling.

Using the same foiled paper that I used on the left hand front of the card, I cut a smaller heart to mount on top of the white heart.


Using a Kaisercraft die I cut 2 large and 2 smaller flowers from pink cardstock. I stamped on the flowers using my script stamp and some Encore Gold ink for added detail.
Each petal was cut a little deeper into the flower, the edges inked and then rolled to give the flower some dimension. The four flowers were then attached on top of each other with glue and a pearl was added to the centre.

I used a no-name die to cut the rose outline in gold cardstock.

I attached the gold flower first and then the pink flower on top.

The sentiment and verse are Kaisercraft clear stickers. Once I had attached them to the card I gave them a good burnish with my Bone Folder so they will stay in place.

The second card is a Z fold card.


I started with a 6" x 12" piece of cardstock because that is what I had left from the card above but you could start with a 4" x 12" piece.

I cut diagonally so that the car measured 2" at the front edge and 4" at the back edge.

The card base was scored at 4" and 8". Starting from the 8" score create a valley fold and then a mountain fold at the 4" score line

Next I cut 4 each of 6 different sized hearts from some paper from my stash.

This paper (it is actually cardstock) is white with a resist pattern on it when you buy it. I have used sprays to colour the background and the resist repels the colour so the pattern stays white.

I attached the stars to the top edge of the card using glue and then attached another star to the back of each star so that no matter which side you were looking at you would see a coloured star and not the back of one.


A 1" strip of the same patterned cardstock was attached to the bottom front of the card to hold the sentiment. The sentiment and verse are once again the clear stickers from Kaisercraft.

I hope I have given you an idea or two for your cards today

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Don't forget to pop over to my YouTube channel and watch these cards being created. You will see the video by clicking here.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment