Wednesday, July 24, 2019

3 Cards using Background Dies

Hello Hello

Some time ago I went through a phase of buying background dies for cards. I bought the dies and promptly put them in with all of my other dies and forgot about them.

Well this week I got them out and decided to use them and these are the three cards I created.

You can see the process video here.





For the first card I used a no name die. It cuts two different shapes, the background which I have cut twice, once in pink and a second one in green, and the outline and border, which I have cut in white.
I cut the two background die cuts up so that the green was behind the leaves and the pink was behind the flowers and attached them to the white frame.

I used some mauve cardstock that had dots embossed on it for my card base. I cut the cardstock to 8.5" x 5.5", folded it in half making a  card base that is 4.25" x 5.5"

I have recycled the flowers that are attached,  from a purchased card I had received from my husband. I fussy cut them, inked around the edge and attached them to the left of the sentiment.

The sentiment is computer generated and then printed on normal printer paper. After I had trimmed it to the size I wanted I inked around the edges of it and mounted it on some of the same cardstock that the card base is made of. This was then attached to the card using foam squares.


The patterned paper I used on this card is a Kaisercraft paper from the Lavender Haze collection. There are some white flowers printed on the pink paper so I fussy cut some of these, inked around their edges and attached them to the inside of the card for a little added interest.


This next card is probably my favourite from this set but I have to warn you it is very time consuming.

I purchased the die from one of the local scrapbooking stores at a local papercraft fair. It does not have a brand on it.

I cut the die out of black cardstock and proceeded to back the flowers using scraps of paper from my huge stash of scraps. This is the part that took forever. I have backed cut files before but because they are generally bigger they are not as fiddly and do not take as long. You may notice that not all of the flowers have patterned paper behind them, that is because I got sick of doing it and decided that it looked good as it was.

I cut a piece of white cardstock to 9.5" x 5.75" and folded it down the middle to give me a 4.75" x 5.75" card because I wanted a 1/8th" white border all around my die cut.

I attached the backed die cut to the card base using glue.

The greeting is a Kaisercraft clear sticker from the Birthday Wishes pack. This was attached to a piece of white card stock, inked around the edges and attached to the card using foam squares.


I cut 6 x 1/2" wide strips of the patterned papers that I used to back the flowers. After inking the edges I attached them to the inside of the card at the top and bottom of the right hand side of the card, then trimmed them so they were the same size as the card.

I used a no nome flower die and the purple paper to cut a flower and attach that to the inside as well.




The last card in this series was created using water colour paper for the die cutting. I gave the watercolour paper a coat of white Gesso and let it dry before cutting 2 pieces using the die.

The water colours I used are Semco brand. One set is a pearlescent set and I have used that on top of some of the flowers as a shiny highlight. I have used at least two colours on each of the sections of the die cut and blended them together with water as I went.

I have cut the butterfly and the flowers out of one of the die cuts and used foam squares to attach them over the top of the bottom layer. This makes the flowers and butterfly raised and the leaves and stems flat against the card base.

I have cut some white cardstock to 8.5" x 6.25", folded this in halves and made a 4.25" x 6.25" card.

I then cut a piece of black cardstock to cover the front panel of the card, and a piece of white cardstock that is 4" x 6" to attach the coloured die cut to.

These were all then layered onto the card base.

The sentiment is another of my computer generated greetings which has been cut to size, inked around and attached to a piece of black cardstock before being added to the card front.

The final touches to this card are the addition of some gems to the centre of the flowers and some Glossy Accents to the butterfly body.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my card making process,. Don't forget to check out the video here.

Thank you for spending your time here with me today

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment