Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Art Journal Page - Today I Choose Joy

Good morning friends

My art journal page today is a very bright one.

You can see the process video on my YouTube channel here.


The inspiration for this page came from Pinterest.

I wanted to create a page that had a very bright background with a detailed white design on it.

I am working on my ring bound journal which is 8.25" x 8.75". I have given the page a coat of 13 arts Gesso then after it had dried I applied an assortment of acrylic paints with a sponge. Some of the paint was smeared on and some was pounced on. The colours were applied in a random manner until I had the look that I was after.

Using the 3 circle stamp from Dylusions Anatomy of A Page stamp set I stamped randomly around the page with both Stazon Jet Black ink and Encore Gold ink.

Nest step was to lightly stamp with Kaisercraft's Chicken Wire stamp and Jet Black Stazon ink.

The white focal design was made using a Kaisercraft stencil, I think it is called Doily but not sure as I have thrown the packaging away, and some Mont Marte Modelling Paste. This dries white so was ideal for making the design stand out from the background and for adding some texture to the page.

A Sharpie Fine Line permanent marker was used to outline the whole design.

Using some gold acrylic paint, which I watered down I added some splatters over the whole page and then some Navy splatters were added to the area where the white design was not.


I have a couple of fineline bottles that I keep watered down acrylic paint in, in both black and white. I used these to put a border around the page and then went around the outside of the page with a Kaisercraft black ink pad for some extra definition.


The final step was to trim the computer generated quote that I had printed on normal printer paper, attach it to the page with Aleen's Original Tacky Glue.

To help this blend in with the page I used my Fudeball black pen to draw around the edge of the quote and then my Stabillo All black pencil and a wet brush to add some shading behind the quote.


Don't forget you can see the whole process over on my YouTube channel here.

Thank you for spending your time with me today
I hope you like the video if you watch it and subscribe to my channel.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment