Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Scrapbooking Layout "Beautiful August 2018"

Good morning to you.

Thanks for joining me here on my blog.

I have created a layout to share with you today. You can watch the video here if you want all of the details.


I was going for a minimalistic look with this layout but didn't get as minimalistic as I had in mind. Having said that I am more than happy with the way the layout has turned out. That's what happens all too often isn't it, we start off with one idea and then it takes on a life of it's own and something completely different happens.

I have used some Dylusion Ink Sprays (Vibrant Turquoise, Squeezed Orange and Rose Quarts) to splatter in a vertical line down the middle of the white background.

Then using an assortment of small stamps and a bright pink no brand ink pad, and Archival Ink pads in Tiger Lily and Black I stamped down the middle of the background in the same area as the splatters.

I cut my patterned papers next. Kaisercraft Blue Bay and Fiesta 6.5" papers pads along with Paper Pleasure Plus - Bubble Hearts were my choice for this layout. The patterned paper pieces on this layout are so small you would be able to take the opportunity to use up some of your scraps.

Once I had inked around the edges of all of the papers I attached them to the layout.

I filed around the edge of the photo, which I had trimmed to 4" x 4", with an emery board and attached that to the layout using some craft foam to give the photo some height.

The doodling around each element was done with a Uniball Eye Micro black pen. One of my favourite pens for this type of thing.

The chipboard title has been painted with acrylic paint in a colour to go with the layout and attached with glue. This too has a doodled border.

Using the two turquoise papers and my Kaisercraft DD501 Arrows die I cut some arrows and attached them so they were pointing to the photo from both sides.

I had some embossed foiled heart stickers in pink and orange that I added around the photo.

A Martha Stewart Around the Page heart punch was used to punch some tiny hearts from a piece of turquoise paper and they were added to the cascade of embellishments tumbling down the centre of the layout.

Final touch was to add a few dabs with my Pearl Pens in pink, white and black. This added both colour and texture.

Thanks again for spending some of your day here with me today

Don't forget to check out the video here

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment