Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Live Beautifully Art Journal Page

Good morning friends

I am happy that you have come to spend some time here with me today.

I have created an art journal page today. The inspiration for this page came from Pinterest.

I have a process video for this page and you can view it here.


I am using a page from my 8 1/2" ring bound journal. I love this journal because I can remove the page to work on it and then return it to my journal.

The page has been given a coat of Gesso.

A TCW261s Mini Art Is stencil was used with some Mont Marte Modelling Paste to add some texture to the background.

I hunted through my stash and found a chipboard frame, some wooden Kaisercraft flowers and leaves and an assortment of other flowers.

Once I had attached all of my embellishments to the page using my hot glue gun, I gave it a light coat of Gesso using a dry stiff brush. This had the effect of bringing everything down to a similar colour and made it easier to apply the new colour.

I used Lemon Zest and Rose Quartz Dylusions Ink sprays and Cut Grass Dylusions Shimmer spray to colour the page. I sprayed the colour where I wanted it and then sprayed it liberally with water. When I wanted a stronger colour in a particular area I used a brush to add more of the spray.

Using a Kaszazz 4795Q Lifes Moments Background stamp and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, I stamped randomly on the background.

To add some sparkle to the page I used some clear glue on the centre of the largest flower and inside the bottom right corner of the frame before sprinkling some Aussie Stamper & Crafts Opal Blend Glitter on to it.

A Kaisercraft black ink cube was used to run around the edge of the page to give it a very fine border.

The verse is a Kaisercraft clear stamp and comes in the Confidence set. I used an ink pad that worked well with the colours on the page to stamp the verse. I then lightly outlined the LIVE and DREAM words in the verse with a fine black pen.

I really enjoyed making this page and I hope you have enjoyed looking at it.

It came together very easily and I encourage you to check out the video and perhaps give this technique a try

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment