Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Northern Lights Layout

Good morning.

Today's share is a layout.

The photos in this layout were taken on North Terrace in Adelaide in February 2010.
Yeah I know, long time to get around to it.

Each year they project images onto the buildings along North Terrace and this is what we can see. The images change constantly and it is quite fascinating.

I have created a video showing how this layout was put together.

As there are three 6" x 4" photos on the page there is not much room for anything else so I have gone with a layout that is quite simple and has no embellishments at all. I did have more photos and contemplated using a pocket or something similar to hold the others but decided that these three photos showed the event perfectly.


All of the patterned papers have been matted on Kazazz - Apricot cardstock so that there is a 1/16" border all around.
The background orangey lightly patterned paper came from a paper pad that I tore apart some time ago and I did not keep the cover so I cannot tell you what brand it is. I trimmed it down to 11.5" x 11.5" to sit on the 12" x 12" plain cardstock

The next layer is from 7 Dots Studio's Domestic Goddess range - 12th Teacup and has been cut to 8.75" x 9.5".

The purple layer is from Prima Marketing and is from the Indeed Collection - Fairy Garden. This is from 2009 according to the branding strip. This is cut to 10.5" x 6.5".

The strip at the bottom is another Prima Marketing paper (2013) Sunrise-Sunset Collection - Corona and is 1.5" x 12".

I have used an emery board to file around the edge of each of the photos before attaching them to the Apricot photo mats.



The title is cut from some black cardstock using my Scan N Cut and has a coat of Glossy Accents applied to give it a nice shiny finish.

As I said this is a very simple layout with no added embellishments, but it looks full and in my opinion does not need anything extra.

This layout was made using only papers from my stash and is a very small step towards using up my abundance of supplies.

Thank you for spending some of your day here with me today.

Why not pop over to my YouTube channel and check out the video, it is not very long.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment