Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Watervale Layout

Good morning

Todays layout is a travel related layout. Ray and I do housesitting as a sort of hobby/holiday thing.

This layout showcases one of those housesits. We did this housesit in April 2016 so you can see how long it has taken me to get around to scrapping it.

I had 13 photos that I wanted to use so I reduced 12 of the photos down to 4" x 3" and left one at 6" x 4"

To fit them all on one page I created a booklet to attach to the page and then I altered the page protector in my album so that the booklet could be opened without having to take the page out of the protector.

I created a video showing the process, you can see the video here on my YouTube channel.


This photo shows the booklet open


All of the papers on this layout are from very old collections that I have had for some years. I am using them as part of my project to reduce my stash
All of the papers have been distressed using my Prima Distress tool and Kaisercraft's black ink.

I have used Making Memories Toil & Trouble paper for the background of the layout.

I tore along the top edge of the paper and then made it back up to 12" x 12" using 7 Dots Studio Domestic Goddess - Women's Talk. This paper was also used to cover the folio I created to house the bulk of the photos.

To make the folio I cut a piece of kraft cardstock to 8.75" x 10" and another that was 9.25" x 10". I scored the larger piece at 1/2" on the 9.25" side and folded this over to create a flap. Using double sided tape and glue I joined the two pieces, with the flap being at the back of the folio.

All of the photos for the inside of the folio were reduced to 4" x 3" in size and then matted on black cardstock that measured 4 1/8" x 3 1/8" giving them a nice fine 1/16" border that separates them from the background. The photos were then attached evenly to the inside of the folio.

Once the patterned paper was attached to the front of the folio, the folio was attached to the background cardstock approximately 3/4" from both the bottom and left hand edges

To decorate the front of the folio I cut a piece from Prima Marketing's Sunrise-Sunset Collection - White Hot that measured 7.75" x 8".

Using Kaisercraft's Grunge stencil I applied Mont Marte Modelling paste randomly on the 7.75" x 8" patterned paper. I let this dry and then sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Gold and Tattered Angels Chalkboard spray in Valencia letting the colour run and pool on the paper. Using Tattered Angels Glimmermist in Black Magic I added some splatters. I was hoping that this would make the Modelling Paste stand out a little more but it didn't. I probably should have sprayed first and then applied the modelling paste. Once this was dry I attached it to the layout at the top of the folio on an angle so the top left corner was approximately 3/4" from the left hand edge of the folio and the bottom left corner was on the left hand edge of the folio.

I used a strip of the Domestic Goddess paper that is 1.75" wide to add a horizontal element to the layout. I wanted it to go across the complete page but because the folio has to open to be able to see the photos I had to cut the strip where is crossed the folio cover.

I glued some craft foam to the back of the larger photo before attaching it to the front of the folio.

For the title I used Kaisercrft chipboard letters - CB108 Alpha #2. I gave them a coat of Gesso and then applied the same two sprays that I had used on the patterned paper earlier. I applied the colour with a brush in the hope of getting a deeper colour. once they were dry I took a text stamp and some black Stayzon ink and stamped on top of them.

I punched a tab using my McGill 2.25" tab punch and used the same stamp and ink on it. I also used some black alpha sticker to put "open" on the tab.

I attached the tab to the top page of the folio and the title to the bottom section of the folio.

I embellished the layout with collectables from Kaisercraft's Check In range.

I cut my page protector open and put a slit in it where the front page of the folio is to poke through, I put the page in place and then sealed up the protector. You can see how I did this in my video here.

Thank you for spending some of your day with me on my blog today. Hope you have time to check out the video

Till next time
Hugs
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment