Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Cards using Briarwood paper range

Good morning.

Glad you could join me here on my blog today.

Although I am trying to use up the huge amount of product I have in my stash, I bought a 6" x 6" paper pad and a pack of embellishments from The Reject Shop when I was in Burleigh Heads recently. The brand is The Craft Stall and the collection was Briarwood. I cannot remember what I paid for them but I think it was only about $2 or $3 each. Even if these three cards are the only ones I make from the pad I think I have got great value for money. There are still over 30 pages left in the pad and over a 130 embellishments left in the pack so there are a lot more cards to be made from these supplies.

These are the cards I have made


You can see the process video here.

I used a couple of sheets of white cardstock that was embossed with dots to make my 5.25" square card bases.

All of the flowers used here are from my stash and were NOT made especially for these cards.

The edges of all of the papers have been distressed and inked.

I chose six sheets of paper from the pad, 3 of them a fairly plain print and 3 with a heavier pattern. I cut the lighter patterned paper to 5" square and the other sheets to 4.75" square. The smaller pieces were then attached on top of the larger ones to use as the backgrounds.

Card No 1.


For the first card I selected another piece of patterned paper and trimmed it to 2.5" x 4.75". Using some craft foam I attached the paper towards the left hand side of the card on top of some white gauze poking out from it.

To decorate this card I used a strip of small white tulle flowers, an assortment of purchased flowers and leaves and a handmade flower that I had made some time ago. The hand made flower is made by cutting various decreasing sized circles, inking the edges, spraying them lightly with water and scrunching them up. Leave them to dry and then flatten them out slightly and layer them on top of each other, securing them in place with a brad.

I chose a small butterfly from the embellishment pack, trimmed the white edge off and attached it to the card. I also chose a sentiment from the pack and attached it to the card on top of the tulle flowers. A few dots of Crystal Scribbles (similar to Nuvo Glitter Drops) were added for a bit of bling.


To finish the card off I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmermist in Gold. This gives the whole front of the card a very pretty golden shine.

Card No 2.


To create a horizontal panel for the second card I cut a 2" x 4.75" strip of patterned paper and attached a layer of lace to it. On top of this I attached a 0.75" x 4.75" strip of patterned paper.

I used my hot glue gun to attached this to the card holding a piece of gold speckled netting in place behind the panel. I have attached it about 2/3 ads of the way down the card.

On top of this panel I added a piece of resin and four purchased flowers. The origin and brand of the flowers is unknown because I take all of my flowers out of their packaging and store them in a large tub.


The sentiment is made using a clear sticker from 13@rts. I have attached the sticker to a piece of pink paper from the pad and then mounted on some white cardstock. This was attached to the card in the upper right hand area, using some foam squares.

Card No 3.


I have used some mixed media on this card. I applied some Matisse Impasto Medium, which dries clear, through a diamond stencil. While this was still wet I added some 13@rts Old Gold XS Microspheres and set this aside to dry.

I made a panel to run vertically on my card using bits and pieces from my embellishment box. This is where I put things that I make for a project and then don't end up using. I gathered up a piece of white cardstock that had been die cut using Tim Holts Ornate die, a piece of grey spot paper that had been punched using a Martha Stewart punch and an off cut from the background papers from the 6" x 6" paper pad I am using. These were layered on top of each other then attached to the middle of the card front using my hot glue gun. I also attached a strip of lace to the left hand side of this panel.


Many years ago (about 10 I think) I bought a pad by K&Company called Cardstock Flowers - Paper Posies. There are 24 pages of pre-cut flowers and foliage that you can layer to create flowers. The two flowers on this card we're assembled from this pad. I added two smaller flowers to complete the flower cluster

I have used a larger butterfly from the embellishment pack on the card, once again cutting off the white border.

The greeting is another sticker from the 13@rts sticker sheet that I attached to a piece of the pink paper from the pad and attached it to the card using foam squares. Unfortunately I took the photo before I attached the sentiment and did not realise it until much later. The sentiment is attached in the bottom left area of the card and says Thinking of You.

A light coat of the Tattered Angels Glimmermist in gold finished this last card for today.

A quick look at all three cards again


Please pop over to my YouTube channel and check out the video for all the details.

Thanks again for popping by, I appreciate you spending your time with me.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment