Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Mum's 2019 Birthday Card

Good morning.

Today I am sharing my Mother's birthday card with you. It was her birthday on Christmas Eve.

I have recorded the process and you can see the video on my YouTube channel here.


I had bought the rose edge die some time ago and had not used it so thought this would be a good opportunity to try it out.

I cut my card base to 4.5" square and cut the rose from the top right of the folded card.

I am using Kaisercraft's Secret Garden paper range and Collectables on this card.
I chose a paper and cut it to 4.25" square for the inside of the card. I used the off cut for the panel on the front of the card.

I mounted the patterned paper for the front of the card on a piece of gold mirror card so there was approximately 1/8" of gold showing down each side of the panel.

Using some white crochet cotton I wrapped it around the panel about 4 or 5 times and tied a bow at the front. This was secured in place with some double sided tape at the back of the panel.

The panel was then attached to the front left of the card.

I have used a Kaisercraft "Happy Birthday"clear sticker on the front of the card. Once I had these lined up and attached I used my Bone Folder to burnish them well, ensuring they will stay attached to the card.

I used the same procedure to attach another clear sticker from the "Birthday Wishes" Kaiesercraft clear sticker pack that says "Sending you love on your special day", to the inside of the card.

Using a circle, which I cut in half and a flower cluster from the Collectables pack I embellished the inside of the card. Unfortunately I did not take a photo of the inside of the card for you to see.

I did add a thin piece of gold cardstock to the right hand edge of the inside patterned paper which you can see in the photo above.

I used a set of ProvoCraft alphas to cut the word "Mum" from black cardstock to add to the front of the card so the greeting now reads Happy Birthday Mum.

To create the flower that is used on the front of the card I stamped and heat embossed Heatfelt Creations "Sparkling Poinsettia" stamp with Versamark Ink and Black Embossing powder. After I had fussy cut all of the layers and centres, I sprayed them lightly with water and used my ball type tool to give each petal some shape before using glue to attach each layer so it is offset to the layer below it.

The flower was attached to the card with hot glue.

Final touch for the card was a clear crystal to the middle of the flower.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my card. Don't forget to pop over to my YouTube channel and watch the video. You can actually see the inside of the card in the video.
Here is a link for you

I am nearly up to 300 subscribers so if you would like to subscribe that would be fantastic. I plan on having a giveaway when I get there so subscribe so you can be in the running to win.

Thanks for spending your time here with me today
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment