Wednesday, January 8, 2020

"Amazing" Layout

Good morning,

So happy you have joined me here today.

I am sharing a layout that took me a bit of time and I have a like/dislike relationship with this layout. It did not come together easily and I am still not sure that I am completely happy with it.

I did video the process and you can see the video here.


The first step was to apply some Mont Marte Modelling paste through Kaisercraft's Script stencil and let that dry.

While I was waiting for that to dry I fussy cut the photo out. The wall my Grand-daughter was standing in front of was red and it did not really suit the colour of her dress.

The paper's I used for this layout are from Kaisercraft's Daydreamer range. I chose three papers to use.

I created a large photo mat for the photo because I did not want it to get lost on the layout.
The pink paper is 6" x 9", the black starry paper is 5" x 8" and the grey is 4.5" x 7.5"

The white cardstock was cut down to 11.5" square and laid on top of a 12" x 12" piece of the black starry paper, giving my layout a 1/4" dark boarder.

Using Tattered Angels Cherub Pink Glimmer Mist I sprayed over the background to highlight the modelling paste. I also added some splatters.

The same three papers were used to construct the rest of the layout. I cut the pink dot paper 1" x 11", the black starry paper 2.5" x 11" and punched along one of the long edges with a Martha Stewart punch. I inked around the edge of these papers and attached the black on top of the pink so the punched patterned was backed by the pink.

A piece of the grey was cut to 10.5" x 2.5", after inking around the edges of this paper I attached all of the patterned papers to the layout with double sided tape.

The photo mat was mounted on a piece of cardboard box before being attached to the layout to add some height.

Using a stencil from The Crafters Workshop called Mini Cubist I applied more Modelling Paste, that I had coloured with Plum Blossom acrylic paint, on top of the patterned papers.

I was unsure how to embellish this layout but, as the front of my Grand-daughters dress had lots of fabric flowers on it I decided to go with flowers.

I have recently bought 3 new Heartfelt Creations flower stamps so I used those.

The first one is Daisy Patch Flowers, I stamped and heat embossed this with black embossing powder on pink and white patterned paper, fussy cut all of the layers, sprayed them lightly with water and used my shaping tool to give each petal some shape before gluing the layers together.

The second one is Delicate Asters. I stamped and heat embossed with black embossing powder on white cardstock. I did this twice for each of the four layers of the flower so I would have a nice full flower. That is a lot of fussy cutting I can tell you.

The third one is Tattered Blossoms. This one I stamped with black StaZon ink, fussy cut them and coloured with Plum Blossom acrylic paint, watering the paint down a little more with each layer so the flower got lighter as the sizes got smaller. While the flowers were still damp I used my shaping tool to give them a little dimension

Each flower has a clear gem attached in the middle

I was going to buy the dies for these flowers but they were not in stock. If I had of thought about it I could have scanned them into my Scan N Cut and cut them out that way, I certainly will in the future.

A half doily was attached on the left side of the photo. The flowers were attached so they overlapped the doily and spilled down over the patterned paper and photo mat.

For the title I have used a Freckled Fawns Foam Word Sticker.

That completes this layout.

Thank you for joining me here today.

Don't forget to check out the video here.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment