Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Go with all of your Heart Art Journal page

Good Morning

Today's post is about my recent art journal page.

The page is from my ring journal that I made using watercolour paper and 4 jump rings. It is 8.75" x 8.25" in size.

I have used acrylic paints, sewing pattern tissue, texture paste, stamping and stencils to create this page.

You can see the process video here.


To start the page I used Matt Gel Medium to attach some crumpled up sewing pattern tissue to the page, once this was dry I gave it a wash with some Gesso to bring the colour down a little.

The acrylic paints I used for the background were Jade Green, Summer Blue and Pale Yellow. These were squeezed randomly on the page and them spread around to cover the whole area using my pallet knife.

Once they were dry I used a 13@rts stencil and some Mont Marte Modelling Paste to add some more texture randomly to the background.

Using Kaisercraft's Bubblewrap stamp and Encore Gold ink I stamped over most of the page.

To create the focal points I used Matt Gel Medium to stick two sheets of paper from Love Letters from Home paper pad together. One was a lightly patterned paper and the other was a laser cut paper. I did this to give the embellishment extra texture.

The colours used on this were also acrylic paints. The colours are Pale Yellow, Terra Copper and Napthal Red. They too were spread onto the page with a pallet knife.

When the paint was dry I took a Kaisercraft stencil called Grunge, and applied Jet Black Archival Ink through it using a blending tool. I did this over the whole page.

The 3 hearts were sketched onto the paper once it was dry, then cut out and attached to the background with gel medium. I gave the whole page a coat of gel medium when I attached the hearts because I wanted to use my Faber Castelle Pitt Pen, in black, to shade around each heart when it was dry

After I had done the shading the hearts and the outside edge of the page, I used a clear stamp that looks like circles of thread and Black Stazon Ink to stamp all over the hearts.

Next I watered down some Gesso and used my fan brush to put white splatters all over the page.

I keep two fineliner bottles with watered down black and white acrylic paint in them and I used these to go around the edges of each of the hearts. I also used black around the edge of the page.

The title came from the internet and is printed on some normal printer paper. I used a Pental Metallic Gold brush pen to colour the paper. This did not turn out to be the colour I was looking for so I added some ink from the Encore Gold Ink pad I had used to stamp on the background.
Once the title was attached to the page I used my black fineliner bottle to outline it.

I did manage to get the "Go with" section of the title crooked but once you have stuck printer paper down with gel medium and it has dried there is no moving it.

Thank you for spending your time here with me today

Don't forget to pop over to my YouTube channel and see how this all came together.

Till next week
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment