Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Two cards using Kaisercraft's Secret Garden papers

Good morning to you.

This morning's post is about two cards I made using Kaisercraft's Secret Garden 6.5" paper pad.

The 4.25" square card bases were cut from a sheet of white cardstock. I had originally thought I would make 5.25" square cards but ended up cutting them at 4.25 x 8.5". I'm happy with the way they turned out and the smaller size is quite nice for a change.

I hand made the flowers that are on one of the cards using Heartfelt Creations stamps, heat embossing and fussy cutting.

You can see the whole process in this video.

 Let's start with this card. I made this to send to my Mum with a little surprise gift.


I chose three patterned papers from the pad. One I cut at 4" square, the next was 3.75" square and the last was 3.75" x 1.75"

When I was visiting my Mum at Christmas time she gave me the green tulle, it is actually for wrapping gifts but I thought it would be good to use on cards and layouts. I have cut a piece approx 4.25" square to go behind the largest piece of patterned paper.

The gold lace above and below the green piece of paper was also a gift from her so I have added it to this card as well

I have inked the edges of all of the patterned papers and layered them onto the cardstock using double sided tape and liquid glue.

The lace was attached to the back of the green paper with hot glue and foam tape was used to attach the assembly to the card.

I have the Collectables for this paper range and used a couple of pieces from that to embellish the card. I also heat embossed and die cut a butterfly from Kaisercraft's Butterflies stamp set. I used Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel for the heat embossing, this gives a bumpy look to the butterfly.

I also added a piece of gauze behind the embellishments for some added dimension.

The greeting was printed onto printer paper and then matted on a piece of the same paper that I used to make the butterfly before being attached to the card.


The next card is a birthday card for my stash, ready for when someone's birthday creeps up on me.


I started by creating the flowers. I have used Heartfelt Creations Tattered Blossoms and Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters stamps. I actually created three flowers (Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Flowers) but could only fit the two on this card. I now have a spare ready for my next card that requires a flower. You can see the process of how I stamped, embossed, shaped and assembled the flowers in this video.

To assemble the card I chose three patterned papers once again, this time I decided to put a layer of white cardstock between each patterned paper and to distress and ink all of the edges.

The patterned papers measure 4 1/8", 3 7/8" and 3 1/2"
The white cardstock is 4" and 3 3/4"

I have used double sided tape to attach the layers and Aileens Original Tacky Glue to attach the flowers and leaves.

Once again the sentiment is computer generated and matted on some matching patterned paper. It is then attached to the card using foam tape.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my post today.
Thank you for spending part of your day here with me.
Don't forget to check out the video here.

Till next week
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment